- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
This job offers an exciting growth opportunity with a very competitive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A Competitive Base Salary
- Performance based Annual Incentive Plan
- Great benefits including PTO, health insurance from Day 1, up to 7% company contribution for Retirement Savings Plan and 401K match
- Relocation assistance available
About The Facility
The Delaware Valley Resource Recovery Facility, located in Chester, PA was opened in 1992. Then under operation by a different organization, the facility was created to fulfill the waste management needs of Delaware County and the surrounding region. Today, under operation by Covanta after acquiring it in 2005, the facility sustainably processes more than 1.2 million tons of waste on an annual basis. It is among the largest facilities in our fleet, but there are very similar sized facilities in operation all around the country. We also operate similar sized facilities in Fairfax County, VA, Long Island, NY, Honolulu, HI and just off Cape Cod in Rochester, MA. To learn more about operations at Covanta Delaware Valley, check out the facility fact sheet here.
Position Description: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall direction and effective coordination of the Maintenance Department's activities. This position assures that work is properly planned, budgeted, and executed in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner, to ensure reliable and efficient plant operations. The position reports to the Facility Manager.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Ensures all maintenance activities and repairs are performed in a safe manner and conform to all applicable Company's safety and environmental policies as well as Federal, State NERC and local regulations.
- Provides daily direction to department mechanics with regard to the work plans based upon operational priority changes or challenges that arise and bring about their resolution.
- Learns and understands mechanical maintenance tasks, and makes frequent visits to support, and at times assist, with maintenance activities.
- Selects, trains, and manages a workforce that is motivated, flexible in skills, cross trained, and technically capable to ensure an effective and motivated team.
- Plans and coordinates plant maintenance activities, as required, to maximize plant availability. This includes long-term planning, scheduling, and strategic development of all maintenance activities on boilers, turbines, and associated plant equipment.
- Assists and becomes proficient with outage management including coordination of maintenance activities during unscheduled forced outages or scheduled outages and ensures tasks are completed according to established schedules.
- Directs subordinate personnel in outage planning and scheduling of maintenance to assure thorough investigation of each request, determining material needs and other prerequisites such as equipment/tools needed, workforce requirements, and procedures required.
- Manages the Plant's work order system, work order back logs and monitors and oversees preventative/predictive maintenance activities at the plant.
- Oversees warehouse and manages spare parts inventory to ensure adequate inventory levels
- Coordinates the Maintenance Department's expense and capital budget expenditures.
- Implements and drives continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management processes and best practices. Create an environment that empowers employees to drive change and improve systems.
- Develops procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) for maintenance tasks
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with human resources, general administration, and policy implementation issues.
Position Requirements: The successful candidate must have 5-7 years of experience as a hands-on Maintenance Manager, ideally in a manufacturing, power plant, or chemical industry environment. Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree preferred.
Required Experience And Abilities
- Ability drive risk-based decisions and own budget activities for Maintenance
- Ability to work in Dynamic environment
- Focuses on using data and metrics for reporting.
- Strong organization, leadership, time management, ownership of repair and preventative maintenance projects, team player, able to delegate, positive personality, maintain clean workplace.
- Focused on Continuous Improvement.
- Skilled in Excel, PPT Maintenance system proficient (MMM, ALM, Experion, Etc..).
- Experience with maintenance of gas and/or steam turbine generators, rotating equipment, and electronic controls and monitoring devices.
- Experience maintaining and repairing power boilers and piping systems.
- Experience writing contractor work scopes and bid packages for maintenance repairs.
- Capable of writing maintenance procedures, work requests, and purchase requisitions.
- Ability to read process and instrumentation, piping, electrical elementary and interconnection diagrams of plant equipment
- Aptitude to identify root causes of issues and make sound business decision
- Orientated toward working in a competitive environment.
- Basic understanding of O&M and capital budgeting.
- Working knowledge of safety, environmental, and labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Proven managerial/supervisory experience
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, extended hours, be on call during off time and have the ability to work prolonged periods during facility outages to support the operation of the facility.
Anansys Staffing LLC
Get fresh Director Sustainability jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.