Microbiology Lab Technician
- Expired: November 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Analytical Resource Laboratories (ARL) is a third-party contract laboratory specializing in microbiological and chemical testing of food, cosmetics, and dietary supplements. We are seeking a Microbiology Lab Technician in our Microbiology department. ARL Tempe Arizona is seeking a team player with a resplendent personality who can thrive in a fast-paced and high pressured work environment to join our robust, hardworking, intelligent, responsible, adaptive, positive, accountable, and amazing team!
The successful candidate has the drive to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressured work environment. Additionally, the candidate should demonstrate the following background, skills, abilities, and qualities, and availability:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Food Science, or a related field of science
- Minimum Experience: 3 years of general microbiology or closely related laboratory experience; 1 year of in-depth knowledge and advanced knowledge of laboratory techniques and advanced understanding of laboratory procedures; preferred 1 year of industry-related microbiology laboratory testing experience.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license with positive driving record
- Clear understanding of the importance of maintaining a clean workspace by following approved procedures and laboratory regulations for testing, health, and safety.
- Critical and analytical thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Responsibility and accountability
- Strong work and professional ethics
- Excellent communication
- Team player
- Able and willing to work required schedule, including weekends
- Commitment to and history of compliance with rules, procedures, policies, and regulations
- Able to skillful and professionally adapt to changing scheduling and procedural demands
While working closely with a Team Lead and/or under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the following primary duties and responsibilities:
- Process samples, perform routine and high-level laboratory testing, and/or assist in method validation
- Classify and label samples, according to established protocol.
- Record and analyze results.
- Document and review findings.
- Review data
- Maintain proper laboratory records.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Complete sample preparation and testing in a timely manner, according to approved SOP's and correct techniques.
- Accountable and responsible for proper laboratory practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability in maintaining analytical instruments.
- Comply with ALL ARL workplace policies, procedures, and health and safety regulations.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory workspace and equipment.
- Provide support for lab-specific waste management.
- Maintain cleanliness at all times in ARL's St. Petersburg facility
- Communicate the status and any issues regarding assigned testing verbally and in writing.
- Provide courier service whenever necessary
- Adhere to all GLP, GMP, and ISO regulations as they pertain to the position's functions and duties.
- Document all activities, results, and report back to supervisor.
- Report work progress and state of preparation for testing.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Successfully complete all training, including skills and proficiency testing, within required timeframe.
- Complete special project as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Able to converse fluently in English, verbally and in writing.
- Competency in industry-specific or industry-related laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Able to work within a schedule that allows for testing to be completed and reported on time.
- Available to 5 days a week.
- Available to work weekends.
- Good understanding of laboratory information systems and laboratory equipment.
- Abide by ARL's drug testing, background check, and drug-free policies.
- Follow work schedule and attendance/time off requirements.
- Comply with ARL's values and workplace policies
- Communicate professionally with team members and leadership to resolve any issues.
- Contribute to a positive and ethical work environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Follow established and proper procedure for conflict resolution.
- Able to handle fast-paced, high-pressured work demands with confidence and professionalism.
- Demonstrate success in being a team player.
- Successful completion of all proficiency testing, administrative and HR trainings, and onboarding procedures.
- Team Lead
- Lab Manager
THIS IS AN HOURLY POSITION. COMPENSATION RATE DEPENDENT ON INDUSTRY-RELATED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS.Employment Type: PART_TIME
Analytical Resource Laboratories LLC
1635 W University Dr.Tempe, AZ
Get fresh Microbiology Lab Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!