Process Engineer/Engineer in Training
- Posted: 3 days ago
Anaergia (TSX: ANRG) is a global leader in offering sustainable solutions in the production of clean energy and the conversion of waste streams to resources. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technological solutions, Anaergia maximizes the generation of renewable energy, diversion of waste from landfill and reduction of greenhouse gases for customers across the municipal, industrial, commercial, and agricultural sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, ON, and through its multiple subsidiaries across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, Anaergia is trusted at more than 1,600 installations globally.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Process Engineer analyses the plant operations data and advises on necessary adjustments to ensure the plant meets key performance indicators.
- To clarify, coordinate and prepare feedstock information
- Primarily responsible for monitoring, optimization, and overseeing the biological processes
- Monitor unit process performance (such as Desulphurization, Anaerobic digester, Biofilter, DAF or WWTP) to ensure the quality, efficiency, and safety of the plant
- Responsible for the safe operation of the facility during maintenance shutdowns and troubleshooting process imbalance and identify equipment and instruments nonperformance
- Provides continuous process oversight and monitors process variable at all key process points in the facility
- Identify anything abnormal before it creates any unsafe condition or cause noncompliance with respect to emission or discharge. If an issue is identified, make necessary process adjustments and notify the proper response undertaken to production supervisor and staff
- Ensure that the by-products (such as treated Biogas, Sewage discharge, Biofilter emissions, Residue and digestate) being produced meet all specifications.
- Review and add comments on daily process logbooks with activities and process adjustments made, noting any issues they encountered, and measures taken
- Responsible for optimizing the biological processes that includes anaerobic digesters, biofilter and wastewater treatment plant
- Continuously upgrade knowledge and understanding to optimize and troubleshoot process, lab analytics and SCADA issues
- Guide the field operators in adjusting the valve positions and other field setting to manage the inter-process hydraulic flows and efficiency
- Responsible for tracking and analyzing process key performance indicators (KPIs) - example of KPI is monitoring, trending, and analyzing the dry polymer consumption as lbs. per dry ton of suspended solids coming in the dewatering area, similarly another KPI in biogas treatment can be pounds of caustic consumed per pound of sulfur removed from biogas
- Responsible for tracking all process chemical consumption on site
- Degree in environmental, chemical, biological engineering or equivalent
- Degree holder with 2 years of work experience may apply, preferably in organic waste treatment, anaerobic digestion, biological wastewater and other waste treatment process design, or other related industrial process design or project management area
- Diploma holder in relevant areas with at least 5 years' relevant experience will be considered.
- An understanding of key biological waste treatment and anaerobic digestion process concepts is an asset. On-job training will be provided.
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Good communication skills in English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Must have legal permission to work in the US
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, stat or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Anaergia
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?