Busy Commercial Construction Company is looking for an experienced Field Superintendent with a specialty in Healthcare construction. Responsible for driving projects from kick-off to close-out in a visibly safe and organized way. The Superintendent coordinates and oversees the daily onsite activities involved in building a job with the objective of safely delivering the final product on time and with-in budget to the standard set forth by the contract drawings and specifications.
If you are looking for a company to set roots and grow, we want to speak with you.
Duties/Responsibilities – For assigned Projects:
· Complete (with PM) the Project Checklist Folder & on-site Safety Binder specific to job.
· Study the drawings, Study the PO’s, find the holes and issue RFI’s to the PM as necessary
· Work with the PM to finalize, then own, the schedule and drive weekly updates and communicate to the project team.
· Set “Man Days” budget for General Conditions with PM & Accounting. Track Progress and stay under budget.
· Schedule loading of tools, equipment, supplies and materials & inspect all deliveries and send packing list/tickets to the APM/PM.
· Answer all trade questions and email APM/PM to generate formal RFIs when answers not found in drawings & specs
· Organize field office area;
o File organizer for all submittals; cut sheets & shop drawings,
o Safety Binder visible; Post safety posters and all Permits
o Project checklist folder visible
o Drawings & Specs
· Lead Subcontractor weekly job meetings. (PM’s drive Client meetings)
o PM initiates first meeting and minutes, Super drives all following meetings and minutes.
o Take the field leadership role with all trades.
· Project Compliance Paperwork
o Daily Reports filled out every day and submitted by the end of the week.
o Manpower counts of all trades submitted 30 minutes after the start of every day.
o Sign-up sheets for ANYONE stepping on the job as part of the daily reports
o 2-week look-a-heads communicated on Wednesday to the entire project team
o Labor Scheduling – Submit next day labor needs by 11am and coordinate next day assigned laborers
o Incident Reports – Including near miss occurrences sent to the office immediately.
· Quality control of all submittals and ensure compliance with required trades.
· Revisions & Sketches – Upon issuance, review, communicate to trades, and file appropriately.
· Look a-heads; Act do not react. Must be working on next week’s coordination while supervising current activities.
· Quality Control – Keep the bar high.
· Maintain a clean job site and a well-organized office area.
· Maintain a safe job site visible by all – Drive Weekly “toolbox talks” and submit sign-in sheets to the office.
· Maintain and schedule Special Inspections & DOB/FDNY Inspections
· Develop pre-punch list and initiate work
· Close-out of all inspections
· Review Architects/Engineer’s Punch-list and schedule work for completion.
· Drive Punch-list walk through and sign-off.
· Unload jobsite and final check on inventory log.
· Portfolio Results: # of jobs complete / Total billable $ / General Condition budget results.
· Client Satisfaction
· Compliance with all job site processes
o Strong capability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
o Ability to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
o Exceptional organizational skills with outstanding ability to execute.
o Ability to manage many projects and prioritize in a highly demanding, stressful environment.
o Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Possesses strong listening skills.
o Possesses solid leadership skills.
o Demonstrates ability to think analytically and strategically and can think creatively to problem solve
o Ability to understand drawings and specs in a detailed manner
o Maintains OSHA certifications and possesses or is on track to achieve the NYC DOB Super’s License
Ana Woody Staffing