We are seeking a Healthcare Call Center Representative to join our team.
Customer Service Representative (Call Center)
Purpose of Position: Handles calls from customers to resolve, educate, follow-up and respond to questions regarding California Choice plan administration and procedures.
• Answers questions by telephone from employers regarding new hires, billings, rates, supplies, administrative procedures, etc.
• Educates, via telephone, employees/dependents regarding PCP’s, ID cards, RX problems, administrative procedures, dependent coverage, address changes, etc.
• Follows-up on calls from brokers regarding problems that their groups are experiencing with providers.
• Responds to calls from providers.
• Verifies enrollments and resolves claim issues.
• Expedites processing of RX issues for employee members.
• Document calls in call tracking system.
• Departmental standard requires each Customer Service Representative to provide Service of Unequalled Excellence to all callers. Answer 65 calls per day. Provide clear and explicit documentation while maintaining percentage at a level of 90% or higher daily. Make busy time of 30 minutes or less per day.
• On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
• Performs other tasks or functions as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Computer literate and word processing experience.
• Typing speed of at least 50 wpm.
• Ability to handle irate customers in a courteous, patient, calm and positive manner while maintaining a high quality and quantity of work.
• Experience in handling high call volume. Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of and experience in the health care/insurance industry.
• At least 2 years of customer service experience required.
High school diploma or equivalent.