Finance Controller - Functional Fluidics - Detroit
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a life sciences professional with expertise as a Finance Controller who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment? If yes, please read on!
About Functional Fluidics
Functional Fluidics is a high complexity CLIA-certified diagnostic lab. Their mission is to be the gold standard in red blood cell health starting with Sickle Cell Disease. Their suite of assays is currently offered nationally to clinical providers, pharmaceutical, academic and biotech partners to support drug development and patient care.
Functional Fluidics is generating both Contract Research and clinical testing revenues and is expanding both the footprint of their services, and the scope of assays in both LDTs and medical devices applications.
About the Role
The Finance Controller manages the day-to-day activities of the Accounting/Finance Department. This position works closely with the CFO and will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ensure the effective development and day-to-day management of systems and processes associated with accounting, billing, reporting, and decision support.
- Effective cash management through efficient working capital management and short term borrowing.
- Ensure the organization's leadership, including its Board of Directors, is supported with timely and accurate planning, budgeting, accounting, and reporting of financial and operational outcomes.
- Support the needed organizational changes in his/her areas of responsibility in line with the Corporate strategies to build a more efficient and effective organization over time.
- Provide expert support and financial stewardship for the organization. Ensure risks and issues which may affect the financial health of the organization are identified, addressed, and remedied.
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of Revenue cycle management vendor and ensure timely collection of pending receivables.
- Establishes and maintains relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Build and maintain a financial model for Board reporting and Fundraising purposes.
- Review Sales and Direct costs KPIs, Budget deviations and Treasury Forecast for AP area.
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Completes special financial and analytical projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Relevant experience in accounting and financial planning.
- Excellent understanding and management of Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Profit and Loss.
- Progressive experience in accounting within the Life sciences/health care organization preferred.
- Prior experience with Fund Raising efforts is desired.
- Experience with insurance collections for diagnostic services will be a big plus.
Powered by JazzHR
Amy Cell Talent
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Amy Cell Talent