We seek a Technical Supervisor for a CLIA-accredited lab that performs moderate-to-high complexity testing.
Our Technical Supervisor must be registered with CLIA and/or other accreditation agencies with the lab, as applicable.
About the Role
In this role, the Supervisor will ensure:
- test reports include pertinent information for results interpretation, and are available for consultation
- appropriate test method selection
- adequate method verification in order to determine accuracy/precision of test methods
- enrollment in a CMS-approved Proficiency Testing (PT) program for all tests performed by the laboratory, and that demonstrates:
- samples are tested in accordance with CLIA requirements
- results are submitted within the time frames established by PT program
- reports are reviewed by appropriate staff
- corrective action plans are followed as needed
- Quality Assessment and Quality Control Programs are established and maintained
- Acceptable analytical test performance is established and maintained for each test system
- Remedial actions are taken and documented when significant deviations from established performance characteristics are identified, and patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly
- Personnel have been appropriately trained and demonstrate competency prior to testing
- Policies and procedures are established for monitoring personnel competency in all phases (pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic) of testing
- Remedial training or continuing education needs are identified and training provided
- An approved procedure manual is available to all personnel
- Patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning
Qualifications for High Complexity Laboratories
- (i) Be a doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy in the State in which the laboratory is located; and
- (ii) Be certified in clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology or the American Osteopathic Board of Pathology or possess qualifications that are equivalent to those required for such certification; or
- (i) Be a doctor of medicine, doctor of osteopathy, or doctor of podiatric medicine licensed to practice medicine, osteopathy, or podiatry in the State in which the laboratory is located; and
- (ii) Have at least 1 year of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing for the specialty of chemistry; or
- (i) Have an earned doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution; and
- (ii) Have at least 1 year of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing within the specialty of chemistry; or
- (i) Have earned a master's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution; and
- (ii) Have at least 2 years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing for the specialty of chemistry; or
- (i) Have earned a bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution; and
- (ii) Have at least 4 years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing for the specialty of chemistry.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens and/or hazardous chemicals.
- Precautions required.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift 35lbs.
- Visual and auditory acuity.
- Ability to walk and bend down.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good eye/hand coordination and dexterity.
- Ability to appropriately dress to avoid exposure to bloodborne pathogens and bodily secretions.
Amy Cell LLC
Why Work Here?We (Amy Cell Talent) are a human resources and talent consulting firm that helps tech companies find great candidates for hard to fill roles. Please do not send resumes direct to the employer (per their request), as you will not be considered for the role. Learn more about us at www.AmyCellTalent.com. - Thanks!
Great opportunity for those who are highly motivated, and excited to see the impact of your work daily!