Amuse Brisbane, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Amuse is Los Angeles's fastest-growing Cannabis delivery service, on a mission to provide the most convenient cannabis buying and delivery experience. We are a hard working, passionate group of professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds aiming to change the perception of cannabis through education and access.Overview:
Amuse is a delivery service with multiple distribution centers (depots). The Cash Counter will be responsible for keeping accurate books and records, general office administrative duties at the Company's Brisbane, CA location. Primary responsibilities include reconciling cash receipts from delivery drivers to customer level sales, reconciling and accounting for inventory and ensuring proper supporting documentation is maintained and processes are followed.
The Cash Counter must work seamlessly with the depot operations team and act as the liaison between finance and operations.
This position will work out of our Brisbane Depot location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining records according to generally accepted accounting principles including the recordation of general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and reconciliation of bank statements
- Reconcile customer level sales receipts, close out daily transactions
- Cash reconciliation and counting
- Reconcile merchant processing statements to customer level sales orders
- Account for cash tips and mileage reimbursement for delivery drivers
- Participating in activities needed to support the management functions of the team
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- 1-2 years of bookkeeping experience
- Experience working in a cash business
- Warehouse/inventory experience a plus
- Must be comfortable learning new software. Amuse uses several industry specific software programs for inventory and cash reconciliations.
- Must be an excellent communicator and comfortable collaborating with a remote finance team and communicating via email, Slack, Google Sheets & Documents.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, as well as Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Attention to detail with exceptional level of detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Attention to detail with exceptional level of accuracy
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Monday to Friday
Work Location: On Site
This Job Is:
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Remote interview process
RetailView all jobs at Amuse