Assistant Delivery Manager
Amuse Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Amuse is Los Angeles's fastest-growing Cannabis delivery service, on a mission to provide the most convenient cannabis buying and delivery experience. We are a hard working, passionate group of professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds aiming to change the perception of cannabis through education and access.Overview:
The Assistant Delivery Manager oversees coordination of delivery team members, routes, and budgets to facilitate shipments of products, materials, and goods. This is a leadership position within the depot and is ultimately responsible for the success of all Delivery Associates.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- W-2 employee
- Bi-Weekly Pay
- Employee discount
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise delivery team members. This includes terminating team members who are not fulfilling their duties and upholding company standards
- Maintain the operational budget for the delivery department. This may include writing weekly and monthly reports for the Depot Manager
- Create cost-effective distribution plans and efficient routes for deliveries using mapping software and other software programs
- Report key performance indicators associated with delivery operations such as completion percentage and on time delivery rate
- Issue Driver scorecards and manage the performance of the delivery team, including dispatchers
- Verify inventory levels to confirm items are available for sale
- Ensure that deliveries are made within strict deadlines so that shipments arrive at their destinations on time
- Provide support for customers, track deliveries, and address customer complaints
- Purchase new stock items and keep inventory areas well-organized
- Conduct deliveries to support Drivers in cases of extreme volume
- Oversee maintenance of company fleet vehicles including repairs, scheduled maintenance, and fueling
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- 3-5 years experience in the logistics industry; cannabis experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws.
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict; ability to provide feedback and develop other leaders.
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advance understanding of MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and industry systems.
- Must be available to support multiple shifts.
- Prior transportation and delivery service experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: On Site
This Job Is:
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Remote interview process
AmuseWhy Work Here?
Full-time pay, Benefits, 401k match, PTO! We take care of our team and want you to grow with us. Come be part of our fast-growing company.
Amuse is an e-commerce cannabis delivery business that is reinventing the way consumers order and consume cannabis. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced e-commerce operators from companies including Amazon, Disney, Bird, Nike, MedMen, Weedmaps, Target and more, and we are looking to bring trust, reliability and customer obsession to an industry that, for the most part, lacks all of the above. We’re well-funded and backed by some of the most influential businesses and individuals in cannabis. Sounds like fun? Come join our team!
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Transportation and Storage