Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for updating and keeping current the Maximo Asset Database and the ESRI Geodatabase with Track, Electric Traction, Communications and Signals, and Building and Bridge assets. This position will be responsible for coordinating the field activities of the Asset Information Team to ensure efficient asset collection. The incumbent will interface with the Engineering Asset Management team to ensure asset updates are reflected in Maximo work orders and inspections, as well as the GIS interface.
- The position will update Location and Asset information in Maximo as well as ArcGIS when reconfiguration and additions are made in the field.
- The incumbent will interface with each department to collect required master data using various IMS tools to incorporate the updates and changes into Maximo.
- The incumbent will be responsible to systematically expand the master asset list, components and sub-assemblies, and the mandatory attributes as required for inspections, tests and work management.
- As part of the work order reporting procedure the incumbent will validate and incorporate asset change information into the Geodatabase as received from the EAM work orders at completion of the work. This process will also include the incorporation of manual and automated inspection results as inspection work orders are submitted to Maximo.
- Process data using LiDAR Survey post-processing software, CAD software and GIS software in preparation for import into Maximo and Geodatabase.
- Responsible for coordinating field asset collections for the team.
- Responsible for planning asset collection based on experience and knowledge of discipline needs.
- Responsible for coordinating with Engineering Asset Management team to ensure asset updates are reflected in Maximo work orders and inspections.
- Use software to overlay maps and datasets and query them in terms of their spatial relationship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 5-7 years of Transportation/Railroad experience.
- Experience in a data processing environment with LiDAR.
- Experience with a desktop GIS software (either Esri’s ArcGIS or QGIS) and knowledge of GIS data types, GPS collection, relational database management systems (RDBMS), spatial analysis, and cartography. Ability to collect, manage, analyze, model, and present geographic or spatial data.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as SQL and Python, in order to create GIS script customizations.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Geographic Information Science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated work experience in a data processing environment which includes experience with CAD, GIS and LiDAR post processing software.
- Some years of experience with ESRI ArcMap software specifically.
- Asset Management experience and IAM training.
- Certification in CAD or Geographic Information Systems.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering