Northern Electric, Inc, an Amteck company, is currently hiring a BIM Modeler to join the team in the Thornton area. This is a long-term position with potential for professional growth within a thriving organization. The right candidate for this role will be as passionate about taking care of our customers as we are given that is the number one goal and driving force behind our business. The position requires business management acumen and proven leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as strong communication skills.
- A high school diploma or GED is required, but a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar studies is preferred.
- At least 3 years experience in Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks Manage with emphasis on electrical commercial and industrial projects, $3M and larger.
- Analytical, problem-solving mentality. Organized, detail oriented, multitasker with good time management.
- Team player, self-motivated, gets along well with supervisors, peers and subordinates.
- Electrical Experience Is a Plus (Journeyman Electrician, Electrical Code and Electrical Design Knowledge
Roles and Responsibilities:
- BIM Modeling for electrical content – Conduit, Devices, Equipment, etc.
- Perform tasks under direction of BIM Manager and Project supervision.
- Ensure document accuracy based on Construction Documents.
- Follow Project/BIM schedule respectively.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow.
- Follow BIM content standards and development procedures.
- May take the lead on developing some discipline specific BIM modeling content for project.
- Print drawing sets for construction team and participate in design reviews.
- Prepare own discipline model and/or content for BIM Coordination Meetings.
- Ability to export DWF and other formats for collaboration internally and externally.
- High level of communication and good writing skills.
- Leveraging BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate design/installation documentation.
- Incorporate elements of prefabrication into design model
- Create detailed shop drawings to aid in field installation and construction
- Familiar with general electrical code and principles
- Need someone that can travel to project site for short term to see firsthand the job conditions
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Software Expectations – General understanding of interoperability between software used to accomplish own discipline tasks
- REVIT MEP
- Collaboration sites, BIM360, Box.com
- Navisworks Manage
- Microsoft Word/Excel