Process Engineer (Semiconductor)
6 months+ (Contract to Hire)
This Process Engineer will be responsible for performing a variety of routine engineering assignments on major projects or total engineering work on projects of smaller scope, within the semiconductor industry.
An ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter, who is a creative problem solver and exhibits sound engineer practices.\
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Perform process equipment and piping design on projects.
- Develop process system start-up and commissioning documentation. Including but not limited to ultrapure water treatment, chemical distribution, and waste handling systems (UPW, acids, bases, solvents, etc.).
- Execute process design from conceptual design and criteria development through construction document production and provide engineering support during construction
- Perform a variety of engineering assignments under the direction of a supervisor with increasing responsibility based on performance.
- Consult with the supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and select appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Draft interpretation of design into completed working drawings and apply engineering fundamentals to design.
- Develop process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), system layout plans, equipment sizing and selection, and associated specification write-ups.
- Interface with multiple engineering disciplines, project management, system owners, vendors, and contractors via phone, email, and live meetings.
- Perform engineering calculations and communicate on the PC system.
- Design chemical process systems utilizing pressure loss and stress analysis programs
- May be assisted by a designer, but usually assumes no responsibility for the direction of others.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (Chemical preferred), which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- A semiconductor experience is preferred. The system owner experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of chemical process systems controls philosophy including P&ID development.
- Familiarity with applicable building codes and standards.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit preferred. In-depth knowledge of fluid transfer, heat exchange, friction loss in piping systems, including design and operation. Previous experience with design of experiments and authoring of technical reports. Previous experience running computer-based simulations.
- Experience with or strong desire to learn building information modeling (BIM) software is highly desirable.
- Some travel may be required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Why Work Here?At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Recognized for excellence several times by some of the most trusted organizations in the country.