Our client, a government organization in Oakland, is looking for a Communications Administrator to join their team on a contract basis. Ideal candidates will be able to design and administer assigned projects from inception to implementation. This will include project briefs and plans, work flow schedules, and progress reports. Experience with Integrated marketing communication at a public agency or transportation environment and forward facing copywriting or messaging is a plus.
- Designs, administers assigned projects from inception to implementation; including project briefs and plans, work flow schedules, and progress reports.
- Provides creative and technical oversight, motivation, and supervision to assigned staff as needed engaged in the development, and execution of marketing and public information projects, programs and events.
- Participates in administering and conducting specific outreach strategies as identified in the project plan and required by Board Policies, Public Participation practices and other applicable requirements.
- Administers program and/or project budgets; submits budget recommendations; and monitors expenditures.
- Administers and conducts research to find vendors for products and services; determines the scope of work, solicits proposals, reviews bids, negotiates costs and fees, reviews contracts and writes contract language, and initiates final purchase following management review and approval.
- Works closely with the Communications Manager and other department administrators to review and identify new communication and service information opportunities and strategies, and set program direction and goals.
- Responds to and interacts with department and executive level managers to plan, execute, and accomplish broad communication campaigns and goals within established deadlines.
- Represents the District at community, business, and agency meetings as needed; participates on external committees and task forces on behalf of the District; establishes cooperative communication and information programs with outside entities; and makes presentations to external groups, agencies, and local government officials.
- Prepares and presents a variety of periodic and special reports to department and executive level managers, and the Board of Directors.
- Collaborates with creative team and other internal staff to develop communication strategies and concepts ensuring the consistency of both internal and external communications.
- Available to work outside of normal business hours, including evening and weekends as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Equivalent to completion of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, communications, social or public services, graphic arts, or a closely related field.
- Five (5) years of recent and verifiable experience developing and implementing marketing and/or public information programs in the specific area of assignment; such as advertising, public relations, publications and signage, and/or graphic arts. Specific assignments may require equivalent years of experience with relevant computer hardware and software programs, such as the Macintosh platform, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or comparable software for professional typesetting, desktop publishing, and graphics design.
- Desired : Integrated marketing communication experience at a public agency or transportation environment. Forward facing copywriting or messaging experience.