We are looking for a Senior/Principal Opto-electronics Packaging Engineer!
In this role you will define, design, prototype and verify different types of opto-electronics package designs (gold box, BGA, Chip on Board, 2.5D/3D) for high baud rate, small form factor, low power consumption and cost coherent components and corresponding module product development. The ideal candidate should have strong multi-disciplinary engineering backgrounds in advanced packaging technology and design, high speed RF, signal integrity, high throughput assembly process and equipment, as well as fundamental knowledge of optical product’s mechanical, optical and thermal designs.
This is a critical role in terms of corporate next generation package platform development and related technology commercialization.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Deep knowledge in advanced packaging technology such as BGA, Chip on Board (CoB), interposer based 2.5D/3D, fan-out package, double side assembly etc.
- Deep knowledge in advanced packaging technology’s applications in high speed coherent product development to minimize product’s form factor, energy consumption and cost.
- Rich experience of collaboration with packaging manufacturing vendor to develop high throughput assembly process.
- Deep knowledge of chip bonding technology and process such as flip chip, copper pillar bonding, wire/ribbon bonding.
- Hand-on experience in fiber alignment with silicon photonic chip, fiber array positioning and stress release.
- Hand-on experience in thermal, stress, and fiber management in dense optoelectronics packaging design.
- Excellent communication skills are needed to contribute effectively in a highly cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of telecommunication and data center product reliability and qualification is desirable.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate degree, Masters, or preferably a Doctoral Degree from an accredited university in mechanical engineering or related majors.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience is required, but ideally the candidate will have 10 or more years of experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Particular importance is placed on previous industry experience with complex mechanical design, thermal management and product development for telecommunication and data center interconnect products.
- Experience with advanced packaging electrical, mechanical and thermal design software and simulation tools is essential.
- Basic programming skills in a number of languages (Visual Basic, C, MATLAB, etc.) to enable test scripting and automation, and experience with data analysis software such as SAS JMP, and mechanical design or layout software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks is desirable.