Are you a/an experienced aerospace professional, looking for a full-time position with an established company? We are searching for a Sr. Design Engineer to join our client in Corona, CA. This is a dream job for the right person, and if you are detail oriented and have experience in with hot air valves, we want to talk to you!
To execute and manage engineering projects, leading staff, as required, to achieve agreed objectives.
- To undertake design and verify applications activities covering both industrial and defense markets.
- Lead the execution of design work. Then, generating personally, or supervising the generation by others, of all the concept design, detail drawing, and manufacturing information together with any product support documentation that may be required under the contract.
- For some projects, active participation in development testing will be necessary.
- Execute the work in accordance with good engineering practices to ensure a technically compliant and safe product that meets all applicable standards and statutory directives that apply to our industry and type of product.
- Provide sales and commercial support, as well as production support appropriate at all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Contribute to business improvement activities, specifically Kaizen events and problem-solving activities.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- 10-15 years of designing increasing complex valves including valves for hot air applications.
- Design delivery – at or within agreed timeline
- Support on time delivery - at or above target level
- Maintain closure rate at agreed levels of engineering related Corrective Action Reports (CAR’s) and In-Service Defect Reports (ISDR’s)
Education & Experience
- An engineering graduate from an accredited college or university with 10 – 15 years of experience of design, development and project management. Ideally with high pressure, hot air pneumatic and hydraulic valves and systems.
- Generally, computer proficient with 3D CAD tools, preferably SolidWorks and Ansys analytical tools.
- Formal qualifications to degree level or equivalent in mechanical engineering.