About the company
The Company, through its subsidiaries, supplies vaporization products and accessories to dispensaries and smoke shops. The company serves customers in the United States and Canada.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive offshore sourcing process, documentation and information flow of new product or packaging concept to production. Initiate and solicit competitive bids (e.g. RFQ). Provides detailed analysis of submitted quotes coupled with recommendations for business evaluation.
- Evaluate trends and opportunities to improve the total landed cost of goods. Support initiatives to reduce total cost of ownership and supply risks, improve services level and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and evaluate current economic conditions that may affect the organization's ability to buy its products or services in the marketplace. Research and identify alternate sources of supply. Review capabilities of potential new sources of supply within predefined criteria.
- Partner with Operations teams to improve current supply network, to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Validate supplier quotations and provide cost estimates to determine SKU profitability on new SKU initiatives.
- Establish strong professional and interpersonal relationship with key stake holders at all levels within company and external partners.
Reporting & Analytics
- Develop and manages cost models and for products and contract manufacturers; Maintain accurate and up-to-date pricing files for component and services.
- Prepare management reporting, KPI reports/scorecards. Provide materials for business reviews and insightful analyses and commentary for senior leadership to improve visibility and understanding of results.
- Develop data sources, analytical tools and processes to enable supply chain planning and analysis efficiency.
- Acts as a supply chain project lead for process improvement to improve the performance of S&P business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or similar fields or four years of additional equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5-8 years of experience in Supply Chain, Operations, or Financial Analysis
- 5+ years’ experience with manufacturing or product distribution networks
- Advanced level of usage of Microsoft Excel with strong ability to automate reports, create charts and graphs (pivots, lookup functions, conditional formulas and conditional formatting, dynamic ranges, tables and slicers, macros, etc.)
- Experience with CRM systems like NetSuite, Salesforce or similar enterprise CRM
- Experience with BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Domo & Microsoft Power BI
- Fluent in written and verbal English. Mandarin speaking will be a great advantage.
- Understanding of the cannabis industry (preferred)
- Industry knowledge of glass or plastic injection molding (preferred)