The Quality Assurance Manager manages the Quality Control Department at all facilities within the organization. The position is ultimately responsible for all product quality and for the development, implementation, and administration of the documentation system necessary to maintain a controlled manufacturing process.
- The Manager organizes and staffs Quality Control Departments, conducting employee performance evaluations, and assigning projects to the QC staff. The Manager must ensure that QC and all applicable staff are trained on Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and provided with sufficient resources to do their jobs.
- The Manager stays current with quality management techniques and analytical technology, applying this knowledge to the cost-effective operation of the department.
- Must apply CAPA principles to troubleshooting issues, and be responsible for all 3rd party audit programs and activities, including but not limited to scheduling, preparing for and taking the lead in audits, and any related certification process as well as government agency inspections. Responsible for all customer complaint issues, resolutions, and supplier approval related to our Supplier Approval Program.
- Responsible for the Trending reports through customer complaints and/or audits. Maintains a working relationship with inter-and intra-company departments such as Customer Service, Analytical, Production, and R & D regarding resources, production, and product development and quality.
- Assists customers with product issues or technical questions.
- This position serves as a backup SQF Practitioner and back up to either of the Food Safety Manager, QC Managers, and HACCP Coordinator when necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and supervises the department, including conducting annual performance appraisals.
- Staffing of managerial positions Outline who reports to this position.
- Determine (and develop, if necessary) specifications process critical points, sampling protocols, sanitation procedures, etc., to ensure a controlled and consistent process.
- Take responsibility for the quality of all products sold from our facilities.
- Responsible for reviewing, revising, and communicating external product specifications based on trending of test results and obtaining customer approvals on specification changes.
- Responsible for reviewing and finalizing all CAPAs.
- Responsible for food defense and security.
- Prepare for and respond to internal, 3rd party, and regulatory agency audits.
- Oversee periodic GMP/sanitation audits of the facilities.
- Develop and assure the execution of related corrective-action plans for all audits.
- Responsible for the accuracy of product labeling to comply with state and federal regulations in conjunction with the R&D department.
- Involve in sensory evaluation of products as needed.
- Assist with R&D projects, new product trial runs, and production scale-up.
- Assist with the selection of new plant equipment, installation, and validation.
- Represent the company at professional societies, trade shows, and meetings with customers suppliers and regulatory agencies, etc.
- Manage to handle any and all regulatory inspections by the US FDA, State Public Health Department, County Health Department, and 3rd party audits.
- Manage recall and traceability programs.
- Responsible for trending analysis such as customer complaints and product testing, micro testing, etc.
- Responsible for vendor approval program.
- Ensures proper investigation and resolution of customer complaint programs at all facilities.
- Perform other duties and work on special projects as required by upper management.
- Must have dependable, regular attendance.
- BS or BA in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, or other science disciplines.
- Minimum of five years of experience in quality assurance management.
- SQF Certified or equivalent experience with GFSI certification scheme.
- PCQI Certification
- Physically able to move about in a production and lab environment.
- Must have visual acuity to evaluate sample appearance and use lab instruments.
- Must demonstrate taste and aroma sense acuity.
- Must have a valid Class C California Driver License, with a good driving record and automobile insurance limits that fulfill company requirements.