Must have Medical related project management or senior project engineering expertise. Targeting more entry to mid-level experience with a pay rate flexible upwards of 150k dependent on expertise.
This Commercial GC specializes in the retail and medical sectors. We are seeking Project Management team members who possess the versatility to handle a wide range of projects and tasks. Successful candidates have the diversity to work with developers and owners, as well as the experience it takes to accomplish the job.
- PMs run 3 to 4 projects at a time
- The expectation is to visit the project once a week unless out of town (out of town every other week)
- The majority of projects are in LA, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura. We do have projects outside of these areas that would probably be considered out of town projects that are to be visited every other week.
- In general, most PMs are in the office on Monday and Friday and are traveling to projects on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Offers excellent salary and benefits packages. We reward talent, loyalty, pride of workmanship, and reliability. Committed to improving the health, safety, and welfare of our employees and clients. That is why our team voted us one of The Best Places to Work in Orange County!
The Project Manager works as a member of the project team providing guidance and leadership towards completing projects on time and within budget. The Project Manager manages all aspects of the project management and administrative policies, procedures, and functions, including but not limited to:
- Developing high-performance project teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring members of the team.
- Assisting Superintendents in creating and maintaining project schedules.
- Preparing Owner and Subcontractor Change Orders and negotiating terms and pricing with all parties.
- Working with the Estimating department in developing scopes of work, awarding subcontractors and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Supervising the monthly billing process and coordinating with the project team to ensure payment applications are prepared and paid in a timely manner
- Managing project budgets, preparing monthly job cost reports and forecasting project costs and profitability.
- Fostering and enhancing the company’s relationships with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Performing special projects and completing all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
Competitive pay depending on experience. Compensation package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k plan, paid time off (PTO) and discretionary performance based bonus plan.
5-10 years of building construction experience required, preferably in the retail, medical, and grocery fields. Four-year college degree in construction management, engineering or business administration is preferred.
Knowledge of estimating, scheduling, and engineering principles and techniques. Thorough knowledge and understanding of prime contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods. Ability to read drawings and evaluate specifications.
Strong computer skills and a familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project). Very strong English oral & written communication skills required.