Job Title: Material Handler
Job Location: Pacoima, CA
Work Hours: 1st shift: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM or 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing, and delivering a variety of materials and supplies, as well as those related to the Production function. Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with employees, co-workers and managers, while achieving performance standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with supervisor to rectify; completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Prepares materials for shipping by pulling and staging; prepares necessary shipping forms such as packing lists and/or bills of lading.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies, to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Participates in routing, counting and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items; responsible for proper weight distribution in trailers when loading.
- Uses hand-held scanner to record movement of product from storage to staging area for production use.
- Responsible for scanning and returning all unused material from production to storage areas.
- Double checks all material coming out of production for proper labeling and storage requirements.
- Moves materials within the plant, yard or work-site.
- Reviews product pull or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or from pallets, racks and shelves; lifts up to 50 pounds by hand.
- Conveys materials to or from storage to designated area using forklift, hand truck or pallet jack.
- Counts and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production pull.
- Responsible for maintaining all work areas clean and free of debris; responsible for daily walk-through to assure that all areas are safe and acceptable to begin daily assignments.
- Regular, punctual attendance required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Mastery of “Materials Handler II and III” positions.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with order pulling in a warehouse environment
- Physically able to perform vigorous, strenuous work, lifting up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Good spoken and written English skills; good math skills.