Job Title: Lab Technician
Duration: Long term 4-6 months contract employment (possibilities of being a temp-to-hire for the right candidate!)
Location: South Gate CA
Pay Rate: $18 - $22 per hour
Summary : Tests and inspects products at various stages of process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine quality and reliability of product by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform quality control tests as required on incoming raw materials and on finished goods as directed
- Provide dye/dye solution to plant for production.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (records and lab notebooks) in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the laboratory, dye room, retained sample room and surrounding areas.
- Prepare Certificates of Analysis as required by Company, and customers.
- Observe, follow and enforce all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Attend all required training when scheduled unless absent from work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Possess good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet time-sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Possess proficient skill level of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, including local management.
Ability to operate the following laboratory equipment: balances, Brookfield viscosimeter, kinetic viscosity equipment, densitometer, Karl-Fisher moisture analyzer, laboratory mixers, APHA color tester (Orbeco-Hellige), pH meter, burettes, pipets and other glassware to perform wet chemical analyses, spectrophotometer and turbidimeter.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to read and interpret job related documents.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university required, 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.