Our client, a government organization in Oakland, is looking for a skilled HR/Recruitment individual to join their team on a 1-6 month contract basis. Ideal candidates will have experience with recruitment, information gathering and other HR related functions.
- Screens applicants for minimum qualifications based on applications, supplemental questionnaires, and other required documentation.
- Organizes recruitment efforts, including resume searches, strategic recruitment planning, placement of advertising and promotional announcements, administration of examinations, and writing of job announcements and application materials.
- Administers employment selection tests, trains evaluators and interview panels, reviews scoring, explains tests and examination results and procedures to applicants, and may participate in the development of tests by using test item banks, writing items, and performing item analysis.
- Conducts reference checks of potential employees, and submits information for background investigations and responds to results by taking appropriate action.
- Participates in classification and compensation studies that include job audit interviews, provides information and data for job analysis studies, and may write and revise Classification Specifications, under supervision.
- Examines employee files, under direction, including work histories and other confidential records, and provides information and data to the unit's Administrator regarding Family Medical Leave and reasonable accommodation requests.
- Assist with administrative support to benefit related functions including Cobra, direct pay billing, and verification of enrollment.
- Assist in explaining benefit programs and provide written materials to employees, and may provide administrative support to Worker's Compensation and Modified Work programs.