Glass Furnace Designer - Inventor or SolidWorks
Amtec Toledo, OH
- Expired: 15 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Senior Furnace Designer
WORK LOCATION: Toledo OH
TYPE OF WORK/DURATION: Contract-to-Hire
PAY RATE: DOE
Our client is seeking a talented Senior Furnace Designer for our Toledo, Ohio Office.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates project assignments of varies sizes with the overall responsibility for budget adherence, quality control and inter-discipline coordination.
- Makes decisions independently on design problems, practices and methods, but may receive input on unusual or complex problems from the department manager for proposed design solutions.
- Provide detailed design services for glass furnace and forehearth, refractory and binding steel.
- Assist in the design and layout of hot end operating systems such as furnace cooling wind, cooling water and combustion system drawings.
- Work with structural and mechanical engineers to develop scopes, specifications and construction bid packages.
- Lead a team of furnace designers, assign work for the team, coordinate overall furnace area project to adhere to project scope and schedule and review work of project design team.
- Checks progress of work and alerts project manager to changes of scope or additional services.
- Will be a technical leader for projects and work directly with the client to insure adherence to overall project goals.
AmtecWhy Work Here?
Recognized for excellence several times by some of the most trusted organizations in the country.
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.