Our client is preparing to expand its operations into the metal cladding industry and is seeking a Director of Metal Cladding Systems to join our team. You will oversee project planning & development, scheduling, budgeting & pricing, and production/ implementation.
Director of Metal Cladding:
- Oversee RFPs and contracting process for architects, engineers, contractors, and other project consultants.
- Effectively leverage existing GC & Supplier contacts to win work
- Bid/ Estimate projects for award
- Compare RFPs and scopes, formulating recommendations for the development team.
- Track project schedules and monitor progress and delays.
- Manage financial analysis to keep project-specific economic models up to date.
- Run design build and construction meetings.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with regulatory and public officials as necessary
- Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Assist in preparing the financial and market feasibility analysis of projects.
- Monitor and evaluate project performance against the baseline financial models & estimated procurement & installation methods prepared as part of the feasibility analysis once the development program is established.
- Obtain project entitlements and permits, including meetings with local jurisdictions to negotiate outstanding issues.
- Interface with hotel brand and management & contractor management, including negotiation of key business terms and related agreements
- Minimum of 10 years of development/construction/project management experience for metal cladding systems
- Bachelor's Degree Required, preferred in related field
- Experience with union work is preferred
- Must have Design-Build mentality
- Must be proficient in electronic takeoff software, Planswift preferred.
- Must be highly skilled with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in curtain wall systems – Metal, Glazing, Stone preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proven leadership skills needed to manage division development and construction team.
- Strong quantitative background in development, including financial feasibility analysis, design, financing, permitting, construction, and project management.
- Must possess attention to detail, confidentiality, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Must possess technical prowess, energy, and wherewithal to build a new company division around