- Creates innovative and practical mechanical and electromechanical concepts and designs for components, assemblies, tools, and products of varying complexity.
- Works closely with engineering, vendors, manufacturing, quality, and customers on design specifications.
- Ensures designs are free of layout process defects.
- May assist engineers with defining design standards and configurations.
- Applies Computer Aided Design (Creo 4) methodologies, theories, and techniques.
- Reviews various completed engineering documents to ensure compliance with engineering and military standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Provides expert technical consultation to the division and customer community relative to comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of design and drafting.
- Develops innovative concepts that satisfy functional and operational requirements for existing product lines and new product development programs by utilizing sound design principles and practices.
- Prepares moderately complex design layouts, schematics or sketches (including test plans, procedures, or specifications) of component(s) or a portion of a functional system to satisfy system and integration requirements within cost and producibility constraints.
- Prepares drawing packages to military or equivalent ASME standards.
- Checks completed layouts, drawings, test plans, test reports, procedures, and change history documentation (e.g., engineering change notices) for clarity, completeness, conformance to engineering, military, and industrial standards, procedures, specifications, and codes, and ensures accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Evaluates completed drawings, specifications, and procedures for producibility and viability of design, appropriateness of tolerances, fits, finishes, materials, and validates integration of equipment.
- Performs and documents technical calculations such as design evaluations, tolerance studies, mass and section properties, static and dynamic loading. Identifies assembly interference, design errors, omissions and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design. Interfaces with various internal customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- May interface with external customers to solve moderately complex technical problems. Skilled with Creo 4 in the creation of fully parametric models and drawings is a must!
Associate Degree/Certification with emphasis in engineering drafting/design or an equivalent combination of training and experience; plus a minimum of six additional years drafting and design experience, including a minimum of two years design work. Must be skilled in the creation of model centric models and drawings utilizing Creo 4.
Experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
Associate Degree/Certification with emphasis in engineering drafting/design or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Why Work Here?At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Recognized for excellence several times by some of the most trusted organizations in the country.