JOB TITLE: Construction Coordinator (Civil/Structural)
WORK LOCATION: Columbus, OH
TYPE OF WORK/DURATION: 6-10 Months
PAY RATE: DOE
We are seeking a Civil/Structural Construction Coordinator to serve as an Owner's Representative. The position will overview the security fence installation system, including foundation, structural and fence installation.
OSHA 10/30 Hour Construction Certificate preferred. (Incumbent must be OSHA Construction Certified.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Act as technical advisor to installation contractor of the security fence and related structures.
- Coordinate with "Owner" and "Fence Supplier" to resolve security fence material shortfalls and non-conformance issues.
- Monitor manpower provided and ongoing progress for consistency with the construction schedule.
- Document progress via weekly construction reports to the client.
- Monitor the installation of materials in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
- Witness acceptance testing.
- Maintenance of ‘red line’ record drawings for installed work.
- Monitor the project’s safety program
- Process and administer contractor RFIs and Submittals and non-conformance.
- Responsible for schedule support which includes monitoring of General Contractor's execution schedule and critical path items. Critical path items include fabrication and delivery schedules, construction durations and identification of potential roadblocks.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent related field experience is a plus.
- Supervisory experience in Civil and/or Structural discipline preferred.
- Quality management experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Client is installing security fences on the main substation around the country, the scope of work is expanding from 1 site to several times at the same time, also some of our actual resources will required to engaged in some other opportunities with other clients.