Role: Plant Engineer
Location: Reidsville, NC 27320
• Responsible for managing all facets of the sites mechanical and operational system infrastructure including; Capital Projects, Preventative Maintenance, Process Safety Management (PSM), DCS (Delta V) maintenance and upgrades and other relevant activities as they arise..
• Support general maintenance activities and work directly with Management to evaluate and troubleshoot processes and equipment as necessary to ensure safe and efficient operations.
• Participate in overall site management and administration including project planning, safety, vendor interactions, maintenance and engineering to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained and site objectives and KPI’s are met.
• Manages all phases of capital projects including; budgeting, project design, vendor selection, installation and commissioning.
• Manages the sites preventative maintenance program. Updates records in the ERP system, schedules PMs with maintenance group, add or remove PMs as required to, improve reliability. Issues work orders and tracks maintenance for any issues that arise.
• Manages PSM mechanical integrity program to ensure site compliance with all standards and regulatory requirements.
• Involved in new process design and equipment configuration to optimize safety, ensure efficient work flows, and to maximize throughputs.
• Works closely with Management staff to ensure daily efficient plant operation, with minimal down time. Troubleshoots and solve any issues production is having with existing equipment
• Develops and completes cost savings or continuous improvement projects to optimize process equipment
• Manages DCS system. Works with vendors to improve the system each year, address issues, and collects data for process improvements and reporting.
• Ensures plant meets regulatory requirements with regards to maintenance including PSM and North Carolina State boiler and pressure vessel inspections.
• Decision Making:
• Rapidly assess issues to determine the best solution.
• Makes decisions concerning equipment maintenance, vendor/contractor relationships, design of new processes.
• Time management of multiple projects with differing priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Exposure to PSM program
• Must be capable of handling multiple projects/priorities