JOB TITLE: Architectural Designer (Semiconductor)
WORK LOCATION: Hillsboro, OR
TYPE OF WORK/DURATION: Contract to Hire
Our client is seeking a registration-tracked Architectural Designer in Hillsboro, OR. Background in architectural or structural design is preferred; experience using Revit, AutoCAD 2D or similar is required, 3D skills relevant coursework or courses is a plus.
Work with project architect to develop and produce contract documents as part of a multi-discipline team for industrial and manufacturing clients. Architectural design development, coordination, document production. Will use basic knowledge of building codes, materials and building systems while working with and under the guidance of a senior Architect.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Performs architectural assignments and generally works from designs of others, compiles data, performs design studies and evaluations, estimates quantity take-offs, and assists in preparation of cost estimates with increasing responsibility based on performance.
- Perform architectural design functions including space planning, 3D modeling, and drafting of design construction documents.
- Ensures that work complies with client drafting/design standards and requirements.
- Creates/modifies/marks up tool design packages in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Provides initial RFI responses.
- Performs routine field walks to validate that design is constructible.
- Assists in creating estimates for scope of work.
- Coordinates project design with other disciplines and outside consultants.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Exercises judgment in developing project details, and selects and develops preliminary alternatives.
- Ability to communicate with others digitally, verbally, and in writing.
- Good computer interface skills (PC) including 3D modeling. Knowledge of Bentley and Autodesk products is a definite plus.
- Develop and use basic knowledge of building codes, materials and building systems.
- Must have a Bachelor of Architecture, or Masters of Architecture degree.