Nightshift Operations Supervisor
- Posted: 6 days ago
Provides overall direction and on-floor leadership for all areas of operations during nights. oversees the work of production operators while maintaining clear lines of contact with support staff in order to guarantee department goals are met. Individuals within operations will assist the personal and professional growth of employees.
- Determines production requirements and coordinates shift activities on a daily basis
- Ensures product specification and quality standards are met and escalates issues when necessary (authority to disposition?)
- Determine the production/people placement requirements to meet quality standards in a safe manner
- Directs assigned personnel in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitor and act on shift metrics; e.g., scrap rates, production levels, etc.
- Monitor mobile equipment, consumables, production inventories
- Make recommendations for work schedules (time management; e.g. vacation, OT, leave approvals)
- Staff selection (define what this means â€“ will they be involved in new hire selection, promotions?)
- Conduct investigations and coordinate with Human Resources and management
- Provide input to Process Manager regarding individual performance goals, Annual Performance Reviews and development plans
- Enforcement of company guidelines. Verbal Warning discipline. Participates in higher level discipline
- Provides direction to Trainers and Assessors
- Conducts Safety/Quality/ Production/Inventory audits Compliance
- Provides input to (or creates/edits) work instructions and training material
- Provides input to department RCAs and completes assigned deviations
- Supports business process; e.g. downtime planning, planning for shutdowns, cycle counts, MES
- Responds to emergency situations (for example heat treat fire) and personnel issues (for example suspected substance use)
- Fosters a safe working environment
- Drives culture of quality and safety throughout the campus
- Performs other assignments as directed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership & employee development experience (technical experience a plus)
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel proficient preferred), SAP, MES, etc.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, presentation experience, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting and logic reasoning.
- Proven track record of successful self-direction to achieve goals
- Proven track record of managing change with minimal direction
You should be proficient in:
- Scheduling Experience
- High-level Operations Analysis
- AS9100 Experience
- ISO 14001 Certification Experience
- Basic Computer Skills
- Engineering Degree
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- High School / GED
- Meets Physical Requirements
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- ERP Software
Amsted Manufacturing USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?