Junior / Mid-Level Information Security Engineer (InfoSec) needed ASAP!
This is an IMMEDIATE need. Client will hire from a video interview.
This hands-on technical position ensures system and network security validation. With extensive knowledge and experience with IP networking, DNS, packet captures, and Windows and Linux administration, you will work on continuous improvement of system and network event visibility. Assist with operations as needed.
Company is a well-know global tech organization specializing in internet related activities. This is an outstanding multi-cultural organization where your work has a global impact. OUTSTANDING work environment.
- Direct hire / FTE at $100K with full benefits including generous health and 401K match
- Or, this can be structured as a contract: 6 months ++ with top pay rate: $65 / hour W2 (DOE)
- Minimum 2 years of Information Security Engineer experience or equivalent
- Experience with Puppet, Snort, etc.
- Hands-on experience with risk assessment, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, application firewalls, NAC, SIEM, IDS/IPS, and VPN
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Subject Matter Expert on the following areas: Authentication; Cryptography; Authorization; Network Security; Application Security, Attack / Defense Techniques
- Familiarity with use of Unix and Windows operating systems
- Written and verbal communication skills for clear reporting
- Knowledge of common vulnerabilities / OWASP Top 10 – Cross Site Scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery, SQL Injection, etc.
- Scripting skills such as: shell scripting, Python, Perl, or Ruby
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Establish testing protocols to identify and document potential security vulnerabilities of IT systems
- Collaborate in designing, testing and documenting security programs and scripts (Snort rules, Splunk scripts and templates, etc.) to monitor and analyze network traffic
- Test, configure and modify commercial information security solutions
- Deploy, maintain and troubleshoot firewalls, network and host IDS and VPN appliances
- Establish protocols for and conduct security vulnerability assessments of enterprise systems
- Collaborate in documenting information security policies and creating security specifications and procedures
- Respond to security events and incidents. Collect, analyze and archive electronic and written records, digital media, notes and other evidence. Document analysis of results and assist in providing security advisories for all users. Identify ways organization can learn from security events and avoid repeat events
- Lead projects to identify security issues proactively through analysis of network traffic, software and hardware testing, log review and consultation with users
- Conduct forensic examinations of digital records, logs and other data
- Guidance and oversight of various corporate security systems; such as Mobile Iron MDM, Lenel OnGuard Access Control console, DigiCert s/mime certificates, and others as needed
- Work with IT End User Support staff to analyze security-related events to assist with escalation decisions
- Oversee and coordinate security patching on production systems
- Coordinate with vendors and external security teams to address security issues on SaaS systems
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor's Degree required
- English fluency, both written and spoken. Additional languages are a plus!
Don't hesitate! We welcome your application! For immediate consideration, please send your resume as a word doc (preferred).
- Must be eligible to work as a W2 employee
- References and background check required at point of offer.
Amplify Professional Services, Inc.
Malibu, CA 90265
Amplify handles all searches from the top Executive-level down, using retained, contract, and direct hire structures that fit any company's needs and budget.
For some clients, we are the outsourced technical recruiting department handling all direct hire and contract staffing requirements.
Our successful recruiting experience allows us to quickly identify top IT talent including Directors, Project Managers, Applications Developers, Infrastructure, WEB, ERP and more for your team.