Sr. Software Engineer – Java / Python
FTE pay rate: $140 – 150K + bonus eligible.
As the Senior Java Developer ead technical solution discussions, guide software developers and administrators, and deliver projects. In this key position you will be responsible for the design, development, integration, deployment automation and operational support of key elements of the internet technical ecosystem.
The position requires you to be self-organized and capable of juggling multiple projects at the same time. Attention to detail and flexibility are also key qualities. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, partners, vendors and the public are required. Located near LAX and able to work from the office
Company is a global organization specializing in public policy and internet related activities. This is an outstanding multi-cultural organization where your work has a global impact. OUTSTANDING work environment with great benefits.
- 8+ years progressively complex programming/analysis experience leveraging specifically Java MVC frameworks and Java IDE
- 5+ years with relational database system (Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MySQL)
- 4+ years developing and consuming web services (RESTful)
- 3+ years of software development experience in Python
- 3+ years with Unix and/or Linux systems administration and troubleshooting
- 2+ years with integration/middleware tools (Informatica, Cast Iron, Pervasive, Scribe)
- Prior international experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills including fluent English.
- Design, develop and implement secure and scalable critical business solutions in Java and Python, as needed.
- Accelerate the entire build-test-deploy cycle from months to minutes; build upon Agile, Continuous Integration and DevOps practices to transform and automate the delivery of high-quality software.
- Lead and influence the technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring the integration of cross-functional systems.
- Proactively analyze situations and champion innovative solutions for the selection of new or improved methodologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives.
- Develop and maintain software solutions that are used in various company functions. These include internal systems used by staff, as well as customer-facing applications used by external constituencies through websites.
- Collaborate with team members and partners in the design, implementation and support of new services and features to meet the business needs and improve company core functions.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of projects/tasks to ensure adherence to design and quality objectives
- Work on call and other duties when required or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Experience developing high-quality Java code
- Knowledge of open-source development and contributions are a plus
- Strong proficiency with software architecture, modular and object-oriented design.
- Experience or familiarity with “DevOps”; role will involve developing and implementing process improvements that can involve coordinating multiple stakeholders. Deployment processes should be repeatable, well documented, and involve automation to the maximum extent possible.
- Proficient in WebService API Integration (RESTful, etc.)
- Solid understanding of file structures (XML, ISON, flat file, etc.)
- General knowledge of communication protocols (FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Must be a team-oriented person with excellent analytical skills
- Must have experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and / or Extreme Programming (XP)
- Must have experience with agile / scrum management tools (JIRA preferable)
- Must have experience with source control repositories (github preferable)
- Strong understanding of outsourcing environment, computer systems management, business principles, systems improvement and project management
- Demonstrated expertise in a diverse variety of IT process improvement concepts, practices, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related degree required
Don't hesitate! We welcome your application! For immediate consideration, please send your resume as a word doc (preferred).
- Must be eligible to work as a W2 employee. Unfortunately, we are unable to work with corps or visas on this position.
- References and background check required at point of offer.
Amplify Professional Services, Inc.
Malibu, CA 90265