*Must be located in Chicago
*Experience with Master Data Management (MDM) solutions is optimal for success in this role
The Area Vice President of Sales (AVP) is a primary business development and revenue generation leader for Amplifi. The position offers the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment with proven and talented leadership in the digital commerce and information management space and build a portfolio of clients that delivers $5 million or more in annual revenue, being rewarded with a competitive compensation plan. The AVP is considered a key leader in the business and has a “voice at the table” for major business strategies and decisions.
We define the role as, first, hunter, then client expander, and, ultimately, customer advocate. The AVP leads target account development, generating leads through marketing campaigns, and builds strong alliances with our technology partners, supported by the partner team. The AVP is very focused on prioritizing prospects, opening doors, qualifying potential opportunities, then marshaling Amplifi’s practice resources to develop and close new business opportunities – at scale!
The AVP brings a “business sense” to apply solutions to client data challenges. They have the instincts to know what solutions deliver value and will get funded, and which are just talk. They know what matters in information management and engage in meaningful conversations.
- Outbound sales activity to digital, marketing and IT influencers at target companies – must be able to get in doors on their own
- Taking the lead on inbound leads from marketing campaigns or inside sales appointment setting efforts
- Working with alliance partners to jointly generate market opportunities
- Running a high volume of effective and engaging introductory calls/meetings that both qualify the account, while positioning Amplifi as a trusted advisor and preferred service partner, resulting in clear, next steps
- Customizing presentation decks including industry points-of-view and best practices
- Very disciplined and thorough at opportunity identification, probing, and qualification
- Working with practice leaders, able to develop sophisticated digital solution proposal decks
- Able to uncover and address the win-criteria required to close deals at a high rate
- Building and maintaining a healthy pipeline of new business development activity to achieve goals
- Managing accurate pipeline and forecast data on a weekly basis and clearly, presents at weekly sales meeting
- Providing documented account plans and forecasts to support business planning
- Supporting the contractual negotiations for Master Agreements and Statements of Works
- Supporting account management requirements including contract sign-offs, accounts payables, contract renewals, etc.
- Keeping up-to-date on changes and new best practices in the Information Management industry
Required Skills and Education
- 4 year Bachelor's degree
- Proven conceptual/solution sales skills for deals >$1m
- Strong client relationship development at senior executive levels
- Information Management (MDM/PIM) sales experience
- Experience and knowledge of B2B and B2C markets
- Highly self-motivated, yet coachable and collaborative
- Very organized and able to develop, execute and report on sales plans
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced with CRM (Salesforce) and committed to capturing valuable information
Benefits & Compensation
Amplifi offers excellent compensation and benefits including, but not limited to, health, dental, 401(k) program, employee assistance program, short and long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), PTO program, flex work schedules and paid holidays. Amplifi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.