Robotics Manufacturing Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
ROBOTICS MANUFACTURING TECHNICIANS
San Francisco, California
Ample is an ambitious startup changing the way energy is delivered to electric cars. The goal of our innovation is to make it easier for a much wider range of users to own and operate an electric vehicle. By weaving together smart battery technology, robotics and a better designed car-battery interface, we can create an Electric Vehicle (EV) infrastructure orders of magnitude faster and cheaper than any existing solutions.
Our team solves very complex challenges by combining creative technology design with fast iteration. This is nt a company for the faint of heart. You'll be working with a small, intense and highly capable team on cars, robots and intelligent batteries. If the technology doesn't exist, we're not afraid to turn a dream into reality, while always keeping in mind it must be designed for reliability, affordability and easy deployment. As a part of our team, you will help bring to fruition, technology which will have a significant, positive environmental impact!
Produce components by assembling parts and sub-assemblies to print and set tolerances in accordance to an overall schedule and project plan.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, sub-assemblies, tools and materials
- Position parts and sub-assemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component
- Resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies, as needed, to accomplish job results
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Multi-disciplined experience working in Manufacturing environment with Controls and Instrumentation, conducting mechanical inspection of tools and related machines and performing equipment maintenance
- Experience working in Manufacturing setting where quality is very important
- Demonstrated experience working with and around power tools, where safety is of utmost concern. Must be able to use sound judgment and good decision-making in the use of such tools
- Ability to decipher engineering drawings and/or prints
- Demonstrated experience doing precision assembly
- Experience with 3D Printer, Laser Welder, Laser Cutter, Epoxy dispensing machine, a plus
- CNC machining, metal fabrication, wiring harness fabrication, a plus
- HS or greater; some college or tech school, preferred
We are an equal opportunity and E-verified Employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Ample, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?