Global Product Line Manager
Amphenol ICC Boston, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Amphenol is one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world. The Company designs, manufactures and markets electrical, electronic and fiber optic connectors, coaxial and flat-ribbon cable, and interconnect systems. The primary end markets for the Company's products are communications and information processing markets, including cable television, cellular telephone and data communication and information processing systems; aerospace and military electronics; and automotive, rail and other transportation and industrial applications.
Position Title: Global Product Line Manager; High Speed IO Connectors
Location Options: Boston, MA (remote)
Reports To: HSIO Connector Director of Product Management and Marketing
HSIO, a division of Amphenol, is the market leader for high speed, high bandwidth electrical connectors for the Telecom/Datacom market (Mobile Networks, Storage, Servers, Routers, Switches, etc.). Our products help to enable the electronics revolution and remain a key enabler for all the major Tier 1 OEM's globally. Our global headquarters are located in Nashua, NH and we have design, sales and manufacturing locations globally. We are currently seeking a high energy Global Product Line Manager to join our team. The position can be located in one of our North American facilities or remote.
The Global Product Line Manager will be responsible for the full P&L of existing HSIO Connector including aggressively growing revenue and driving the development of new HSIO Connector markets and customers. The candidate will be working closely with the global Amphenol sales team to identify, develop, and capture business opportunities worldwide.
- Formulate and execute a strategy to launch and grow assigned major product line including setting the strategic vision for the assigned product line, build and maintain product roadmaps, translate market/customer needs into product definitions/requirements and develop go to market strategies.
- Drive new business development in new markets and customers for assigned product line and pursue expanded opportunities in Amphenol's existing customer base.
- Work closely with global sales, field application engineering and marketing teams to develop tools and support material to facilitate new design wins. Drive product training and sales promotions to prospect new opportunities.
- Understand current industry applications and map future industry trends and translate them to a product plan.
- Obtain and use analysis of competitors and competitor products. Identify and implement actions to out-perform competition and develop pricing strategies.
- Work with cross functional teams like engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and quality to drive the growth and customer satisfaction of the assigned product line including value engineering initiatives, customized designs to meet customer requirements, managing quality issues, etc.
- Understand customers' technology needs, strategic direction and how the HSIO connector team can be positioned with a value solution to meet the customer's needs.
- The candidate must think and act as a business owner with ability to forecast bookings/revenues, pricing strategies, perform competitive analysis, and evaluate key capital investment ROI.
- This position requires local and international travel for customer visits, field engagements and product development meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required; MBA /MS desirable.
- 5+ years of product management and business development experience; preferably for an electronics product line in a related market.
- Experience managing a full product life cycle (i.e. setting strategic vision, building and maintaining product roadmaps, etc.)
- Must be an "A player", a "high potential" performer; strong desire for career progression.
- Well organized and comfortable working in a matrixed environment with ability to communicate effectively with cross functional, geographically dispersed and culturally diverse marketing, engineering, quality and manufacturing teams, vendors and customers.
- Strong technical aptitude combined with business acumen.
- Ability to influence change in thought and behavior across all functional groups.
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels, from manufacturing floor to executive management team.
- Attention to detail, while maintaining perspective on top-level goals.
- Willing to travel globally and work in a global business structure; significant travel requirement (40-50%).
Amphenol Corporation is proud of our reputation as an excellent employer. Our main focus is to provide the highest level of support and responsiveness to both our employees and our customers, the world's largest technology companies. Amphenol Corporation offers the opportunity for career growth within a global organization. We believe that Amphenol Corporation is unique in that every employee, regardless of his or her position, has the ability to positively impact the business.
Amphenol is an "Equal Opportunity Employer" - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity or National Origin
For additional company information please visit our website at www.amphenol-icc.com
BusinessView all jobs at Amphenol ICC