- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position requires candidates to be U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status)
Amphenol Fiber Systems International (AFSI) is a full service fiber optic company specializing in the fabrication an manufacture of fiber optic connectivity products and systems. Our commitment to technical excellence makes us an industry leader in profiting sophisticated products and professional technical assistance in the fiber optic industry. AFSI, located in Allen, Texas, has and will continue to base its strategy on technical and application support, quality assurance, product performance and value.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Production Planning Specialist is responsible for all scheduling and planning activities relating to new product and process introduction. In addition, the production planning specialist works to ensure MRP process are complete and correct according to MRP requirements.
- Lead production planning and scheduling activities for prototype and new production items and process.
- Analyze work order variance. Identify cause and countermeasures as appropriate.
- Ensure work order maintenance and closure in a timely manner.
- Roll production cost for new products and process in coordination with manufacturing and procurement.
- Support SIOP and capacity management activity to identify future capacity issues. Work with cross functional team to solve capacity constraints.
- Support sales team to develop ship dates for new orders.
- Monitor production status and ensure timely delivery
- Identify delays and accordingly adjust schedules to meet deadlines
- Actively manage order estimated ship dates; notify customers on any delays and outages.
- Define and maintain proper lever of WIP and finished goods inventory.
- Manage standard production cost for produced items.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Proactive with desire to improve organization performance.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong knowledge of quality systems and requirements and how they relate to business (i.e. AS9100, ISO9100 or similar).
- Demonstrated experience in production and inventory control methods and techniques. experience working in a multiple site operation.
- Excellent PC skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience utilizing MRP for material and production planning.
- Must work well in a team environment and commit to continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, or related field
- 5-10 yrs experience in manufacturing and production control
- U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22CFR 1120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status)
Amphenol Fiber Systems International complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO poster Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
ManufacturingView all jobs at Amphenol FSI