- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a successful, growing FORTUNE 500 COMPANY!
Start your new career as a Buyer/Planner with a growing global company!! As a Buyer/Planner you will focus on the planning and procuring of raw materials for specified product lines.
Position Title: Buyer/Planner FLSA: Salary Non-Exempt
Reports To: Materials Manager Date: 01-12-2023
Functional Scope: Focuses on the planning and procuring of raw materials for specified product lines.
Position Specifications: 2-year degree or minimum of 4 years relevant buyer/planner experience in a manufacturing environment. Work under pressure with high degree of accuracy, PC literacy, strong diplomacy, analytical aptitude/mathematical calculations/units of measurement conversions, technical writing and problem-solving skills.
- Regular attendance
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position, with or without accommodations
- Efficiently fulfill responsibilities with regard to scheduling/expediting of parts through the product process
- Issue/manage purchase orders to already established vendors to support the manufacturing process
- Efficiently enter and correct all information pertinent to the production orders in the manufacturing control system
- Efficiently perform necessary operations, exercising discretion, to maintain accurate information with regard to work in process
- Efficiently enter/maintain an accurate count of individual production lines in the manufacturing control system
- Efficiently enter/correct all stock transactions to the inventory system
- Accurately maintain all applicable product/process information where required
- Ensure product meets specific customer demands and due dates
- Communicate production problems efficiently/timely when due dates are affected
- Ensure product is placed at proper location
- Provide active input into continuous process improvement
- Travel as necessary
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in problem solving activities to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate in monthly/weekly PSI calls, preparing lates, sales info, backlog and other pertinent information.
- Assist in the specs and building of sample orders as necessary
- Develop and maintain software programs to assist in the timely development/review of applications
- Provide documentation to support the RFQ system
- Provide documentation support for the no charge and charge sample orders
- Participate in the training of others
- Understand and follow applicable Company practices, policies and procedures.
- Work safely
Physical Demands with or without Reasonable Accommodations:
- Sedentary position with extended periods at computer.
- May require bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, stretching, stooping, and/or standing.
- Lifting or transporting light to heavy items (up to 50 lbs).
- Ability to tolerate fumes, odor and noise.
- Repetitive motions.
- Ability to apply mental processes, in order to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Ability to remain calm and in control, even when under pressure & ability to manage stress.
- Ability to concentrate as position is subject to frequent distractions.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Visual acuity, - must be able to distinguish full range of colors.
Amphenol Advanced Sensors
AddressSaint Marys, PA
BusinessView all jobs at Amphenol Advanced Sensors
Get fresh Fortune 50 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.