Mechanical and Industrial Design Engineer
AmpThink Garland, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
The Mechanical and Industrial Design Engineer is responsible for designing a variety of complex manufactured parts working with existing designs for various industries using SolidWorks.
- Using Solidworks, design new products
- Supports and confers with Lead Engineer concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Plan and prepare preliminary layouts and detailed design drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and/or other drawings, ensuring they meet company and industry standards and codes.
- Work closely with peer Engineers and Designers to ensure coordination design effort is maintained.
- Complete drawing/project design responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule; review drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Organize/maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information.
- Utilize 3rd party field inputs to generate drawings based on specific project requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consults with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts. Must be able to substantiate ROI on new equipment expenditures.
- Provides manufacturing management and quoting support decision-making: support in calculation of production cost such as labor and material costs.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial or Design Engineering, Process Engineering or related technical field or proven and equivalent work experiences will be considered.
- Must have 3-5 years experience using SolidWorks and AutoCad
- Strong fabrication and assembly skills required
- Must be exceptionally detail oriented
- Good organizational skills and creative problem-solving skills required
- Experience with JIT and Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing required
- Knowledge of Single Piece Flow needed
- Experiences with CNC operation required
- Outsourcing experience required
- Able to manage complex and customized assembly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility needed- ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment
- Teachable and willing/able to instruct others
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience in nesting software, Sigma Nest a plus
- CPIM certification desired
- Travel required
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with respect to projects, CAD standards, and deadlines, etc. on a daily basis.
- Willingness to assume increased responsibilities.
- Ability to work as a team player and interact well with others.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
AmpThink offers benefits which include 3 weeks of paid leave per year, 8 paid holidays, health insurance (PPO) premium paid in full for employees, and a Simple IRA retirement savings plan which matches dollar for dollar up to 3% of employee's annual salary. Our AmpForce program allows employees to use 3 paid work days to work for a charity or non-profit of their choosing. Our AmpThink gear program allows employees to select AmpThink logo gear each year. AmpThink employees also have access to optional, voluntary group benefits such as dental, life, disability, and financial planning.
ManufacturingView all jobs at AmpThink