Senior CFD Engineer
- Over a month ago
Amogy is a technology start-up on a mission to decarbonize transportation using ammonia as a renewable fuel. We are highly focused and ambitious, and by joining our team, you will be creating the first page of ammonia-driven green mobility and its economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a Senior CFD Engineer to join our combustion and simulation group. In this position, you will work on predictive models to guide the design, development, and testing of low-emission burners, injectors, combustors, reactors, and separation systems for Amogy’s next-generation power solutions.
- Apply CFD knowledge and chemical kinetics software for modeling combustion characteristics and performance of systems fueled by hydrogen or hydrogen-ammonia fuels.
- Use 1D and 3D tools to conduct predictive combustion dynamics, emissions, and heat transfer performance modeling.
- Generate CFD domains from multi-component CAD assemblies for meshing software input.
- Apply and test new reactor chemistry models, turbulence models, and combustion mechanisms, and work with experimentalists to validate and improve the predictive capabilities of the CFD simulations.
- Interpret and present CFD results to the team, and use findings to guide design improvements.
- Mentor and train new CFD engineers in reacting flow simulations.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BS/MS/MA with 12+ years or PhD with 10+ years in mechanical/aerospace/chemical engineering with a focus in computational combustion research.
- Proficiency in commercial CFD combustion programs such as ANSYS FLUENT or COMSOL and kinetics tools such as Chemkin and Cantera.
- Have professional experience in combustion, heat transfer, and energy conversion devices.
- Have theoretical understanding of fluid mechanics, turbulent reacting flow, thermal sciences, and working knowledge of burner designs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate timely updates to internal stakeholders.
- Be a problem solver: You strive to be proactive in finding solutions to complex problems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in combustion with a focus on H2/NH3 fuels, emissions, and combustion stability is a plus.
By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green mobility, and its economy. If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
Candidates for positions with Amogy must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
At Amogy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, unlimited PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.
ConstructionView all jobs at Amogy
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?