- Expired: August 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Renewable fuel for zero emission mobility is the key to a sustainable future! At Amogy, our mission is to decarbonize transportations using our revolutionary technology that processes ammonia as a renewable fuel.
Integral to our success is a Catalyst Scientist taking on the lead role in a chemical engineering team that supports and furthers Amogy's catalyst design and synthesis efforts. You will work with technical and cross-functional teams to conceptualize, develop, prepare, and test novel catalytic materials.
What You'll Be Doing:
The Catalyst Scientist has the core responsibility of working cross-functionally with our team of chemical engineers and catalyst scientists to develop novel catalytic materials for large-scale applications!
- Stay up-to-date on current literature in the field, identifying potentially fruitful avenues of future research
- Identify key performance metrics in catalyst screening and analysis, and conceptualize and develop appropriate experimental plans to see these through
- Build relationships and interface with outside vendors, universities and other entities to further Amogy's R&D and production efforts
- Ensure proper workplace safety, and assist in building a culture of safety more broadly
Our Ideal Catalyst Scientist Will:
- Will have 8+ years of experience in catalysis science, preferably in a chemical engineering laboratory
- Have prior experience in industrial laboratory or chemical engineering processes
- Have a Bachelors, Masters, or PH.D degree in preferably in chemical engineering
- Have knowledge of commonly used catalyst characterization and reactivity techniques, e.g. ICP, gas chemisorption, microscopy, gas chromatography, etc.
- Have strong understanding of inorganic catalyst development and synthesis
- Experience in nanoparticle growth/dynamics and continuous-flow chemistry
- Be a Leader: You enjoy developing and managing a team of junior engineers
- Be Adaptable: You thrive in an agile and fast pace work environment
- Be Collaborative: You enjoy working cross-functionally with internal teams and fostering a collaborative environment
By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green mobility, and its economy. If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
At Amogy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, unlimited PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.
Get fresh Catalyst Research jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.