Substance Abuse Counselor -La Entrada
Amity Foundation Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as a Substance Abuse Counselor (Demonstrator).With this ground breaking opportunity not only will allow you to work with our community programs helping the re-entry population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
Responsible for providing group and individual sessions and related rehabilitative treatment services to substance abuse students in a residential setting. Provides direct services and related rehabilitative treatment services to substance abuse students in a therapeutic community setting.
What You Will Do:
- Leads and participates in group, individual, and therapeutic processes under the supervision of a certified behavioral health professional.
- Serves as a student advocate.
- Participates in faculty staffing.
- Interacts with student's family, attorney, probation/parole officer, and other individuals or agencies of significance to the student.
- Observes, records, evaluates changes in appearance, behavior, and demeanor of the student.
- Evaluates emergencies and takes appropriate action.
- Attends in-service, other training workshops, and conferences.
- Prepares reports as assigned.
- Other duties assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelors' degree in a behavioral health field.
- One-year experience in a Substance abuse or behavioral health treatment facilityOR High School diploma or equivalent G.E.D., and a combination of Behavioral health education and work experience totaling a minimum of two yearsOR Knowledge of therapeutic community processes, methods, and design, including small-group dynamics.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and objectively under pressure generated by association with substance abuse students.
- Demonstrates proper attitudes and techniques and techniques to residential students.
- Understand of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
- Organization committed to community action
- Community oriented workplace
Job Posted by ApplicantPro