Outreach & Benefits Coordinator
Amity Foundation Tucson, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as,Outreach and Benefits Coordinator. With this ground breaking opportunity not only will allow you to work with our prison programs helping the inmate population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
The Outreach and Benefits Coordinator conducts outreach and recruitment, for the community and coordinates substance abuse treatment and other type of clients services.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct outreach and recruitment, specifically targeting drug abusing individuals and individuals with children, and assist them in finding substance abuse treatment and/or other type of services.
- Provide literature and other materials to support behavior change, assist in gaining access to drug treatment, offer other medical and social services available in the local community.
- Facilitate health insurance application and enrollment process for eligible uninsured clients.
- Provide mobile outreach to the students and existing treatment providers, and when necessary transport the students to intake appointments.
- Responsible for public relations, work with the media and the press and disseminate information about the project quickly and in the most cost-effective manner.
- Present workshops on treatment issues, services, prevention and living with the virus, as well as substance abuse treatment issues during outreach and pretreatment.
- Manage community based outreach efforts and collaborate with other human service agencies in cross-trainings to promote services and/or assist in services.
- Other duties assigned.
- Attend and participate in community activities, as appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Health or Social Science and two (2) years of experience providing substance abuse counseling, reentry services and case management within a culturally diverse population OR the equivalent of a high school diploma and five (5) cumulative years of experience of administrative responsibility in providing substance abuse counseling, reentry services and case management. Preferably within a culturally diverse population.
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse; and behavioral, psychological, physical and social effects of drugs and drug abuse and co-occurring disorders.
- Considerable knowledge of goals and methods of community based outreach and pretreatment and contemporary therapeutic communities; must demonstrate ability to apply this knowledge to treatment practices with ethnically and culturally diverse groups.
- Awareness and sensitivity to ethnic and cultural differences and their relevancy and implications for treatment protocols; knowledge of treatment literature and practices as well as testing and counseling services.
- Knowledge of health care insurance options, including familiarity with provisions of Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act.
- Bilingual, fluent Spanish/English oral and written skills are highly desirable.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs.
- Organization committed to community action.
- Community oriented workplace.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro