Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn to join our us as, Night Monitor (Eternal Vigilance) at our community in Tucson, AZ. This ground breaking opportunity not only will you be will be working with our residential project to help those in recovery, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
About Amity: Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
What You Will Do:
- Supervises students during quiet and sleeping hours and constantly remains awake and alert.
- Make bed checks and documents at scheduled time as required.
- Assumes supervision responsibilities in the absence of staff.
- Contacts Community Coordinator as directed and notifies them of problems and/or incidents.
- Communicates with members of other shifts by voice, telephone or radio as necessary.
- Serve as advisor and positive role model for assigned students.
- Prevents and intervenes in student altercations and incidents.
- Administers First Aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with the American Red Cross.
- Conducts and practices emergency evacuation procedures.
- Assists in maintaining facility grounds and keeping equipment in proper working condition.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- A minimal knowledge of contemporary substance abuse treatment practices in a residential setting.
- Ability to relate to clients effectively.
- Some knowledge of counseling and therapy practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and objectively under pressure generated through association with substance abuse clients.
- Demonstrates proper attitude and techniques to residential clients.
- Amity is a drug free workplace.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs.
- Organization committed to social justice & community action.
- Community oriented workplace.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro