Billing Manager - (STOP)
- Posted: 19 days ago
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching, and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach and learn to join us as a Billing Manager (STOP). This groundbreaking opportunity will not only allow you to work with our re-entry projects but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed, and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism, and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation, and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
Salary Range: $60k/yr-$62k/yr
About the Position:
The Billing Manager (STOP) is responsible for the preparation and implementation of accounting procedures and fiscal data. This position is responsible for accurate and timely monthly invoicing of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) and payment of all subcontractors and oversees the financial aspects of contract compliance of the Specialized Treatment for Optimized Programming (STOP) Placement Office and works collaboratively with other administrative positions to align subcontractor utilization and budget compliance.
What You Will Do:
- Effectively record, analyze, and report on all daily fiscal matters.
- Supervise, direct, and monitor accounting staff in all aspects of budgetary processes.
- Prepare, present, and monitor the daily financial activities of the STOP Placement office.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures for budgetary management of receivables and payables.
- Assign, review and monitor the work of the Billing Assistant.
- Liaise with other departments within the STOP Office and with outside agencies (Amity CFO, CDCR, Division of Rehabilitative Programs – DRP Program Analyst) regarding funding and fiscally related functions.
- Research and report on any new developments that may or would impact funding, operational processes, or service delivery systems.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures to ensure cost-effective delivery of services.
- Review, analyze and prepare a variety of financial statements and reports. Review all bank reconciliations and fixed asset lists.
- Weekly review of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare clear and concise budgets, reports, and correspondence.
- Ensure accuracy and sign all checks written.
- Coordinate with the Data Management department to ensure the accuracy of subcontractor invoices and subsequently CDCR invoices using SasTrak software.
- Ensure compliance with internal financial policies and procedures, federal, state, and local regulations, and contractual agreements.
- Adhere to procedural requirements of LIBG for preparing invoices, and processing Budget Transfer Requests (BTRs) as required.
- Comply with information requests from the State including, but not limited to, audits.
- Supervise, schedule, and train accounting staff, providing responsible and technical staff assistance.
- Assist the Program Manager in performance evaluations for subordinate staff.
- Demonstrates cultural competency, community advocacy, and professionalism in representing the Amity Foundation and its projects to the community.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- Five years of experience as a Billing Manager or closely related position.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of finance.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting, auditing, and budgeting to prepare reports and financial statements.
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles and practices to properly determine and allocate costs.
- Operational knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and computerized information systems used in financial and/or applications.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, groups, agencies, officials, departments, and boards.
- Ability to analyze and organize data and prepare recommendations and courses of action.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, guidelines, and legislation as they pertain to financial or reporting responsibility.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner to explain procedures to peers and subordinates.
- Demonstrate proper attitudes and techniques towards faculty and program participants, and model professional, effective work habits and responsible living.
What We Offer:
- 100% Employer-Sponsored HMO
- PPO Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid Vacation, Sick time, Holidays.
- 401K, HSA, Life insurance programs.
- An organization committed to social justice & community action.
- Community-oriented workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Amity Foundation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?