Amgen is seeking a Specialist IS (Information Systems) Business System Analyst within the Operations IS (OIS) group to support the Global Commercial Supply Chain business organization.
The Specialist IS Business Analyst will work with the Head of IS for Global Commercial Supply Chain and will primarily be responsible for supporting Business partners in the Intercontinental Region. The role acts as a liaison between the business and the technical communities to implement and support business systems that achieve strategic business objectives.
This is a client-facing role that requires domain expertise in Commercial processes and systems.
- Gain deep understanding of Business processes, supported systems and related data objects
- Use the combination of prior experience, problem solution skills, and client engagement skills to help drive the business towards perfection via partnering and understanding business needs and requirements
- Maintain and advise Business Partners on market trends and developments in industry processes to provide recommendations and deliver standard methodology solutions
- Establish networks within the Supply Chain disciplines and engage them to build and maintain a service to achieve the strategic vision and outcomes
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements
- Prepare and maintain communication materials like roadmaps, position papers, presentations, demos, playbooks and socialize the materials with business clients and partner IS services
- Manage multiple initiatives, priorities and take accountability for delivery of technical solutions to business
- Perform cross system assessments, feasibility analysis, scope projects, prioritize work, and recommend efficient solution
- Deliver results in an environment consisting of diverse global and matrixed partners; including non-dedicated resources
- Serve as a key IS contact for the Inter-Continental Region business
- Travel: International and domestic travel of up to 10-15% maybe essential
Master's degree and 3 years of Information Systems and Business Analysis experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Information Systems and Business Analysis experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems and Business Analysis experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems and Business Analysis experience
- Solid grasp of and hands-on experience with supply chain business processes
- Consulting experience or management consulting experience highly preferred
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, is collaborative and places priority on the success
- Demonstrated track record of delivery of IS solutions that yield measurable business results
- Solid grasp of business process mapping, requirement gathering, six sigma methodology
- Ability to translate strategies into tangible pragmatic executable plans
- Ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks
- Experience building productive working relationships across different functions/organizations
- Strong leadership, project management skills with the ability to effect change in the organization
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with Business users in non-technical language
- Highly analytical with attention to detail
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP, preferably SAP) and Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Experience with planning applications like Anaplan, Rapid Response
- Experience in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.