This position is an individual contributor role with specific regional training responsibilities and duties. As a remote member of the GCO L&P training team, the Field Training Manager will establish partnerships with internal training managers and cross-functional team members and leaders.
- Plan, coordinate and execute new-hire sales training (Phases 1-3) and ongoing clinical, business acumen and selling skills training for assigned Oncology Business Unit (OBU) products. Establish metrics and assessments to measure performance.
- Translate national brand plans and tactics into training curricula/content for new-hire training and for semester meetings.
- Develop and facilitate workshops with brand teams at semester meetings for assigned brands.
- Assist in the development and updating of training modules, training assessments and role-play scenarios.
- Facilitate the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review of new-hire training materials and maintain approvals of these materials.
- Prepare, manage and facilitate new-hire training classes in coordination with Sales leadership, brand teams, internal presenters and guest trainers.
- Manage Regional Sales Trainer (RST) program. Maintain guest-trainer schedule.
- Provide learner feedback to sales management with recommendations for follow-up coaching.
- This role can be based at Amgen's Thousand Oaks, CA headquarters or as a field-based position in the US; preference will be given to candidates who are able to live in the Thousand Oaks area.
Master's degree and 2 years of training and/or sales and/or marketing experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of training and/or sales and/or marketing experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of training and/or sales and/or marketing experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of training and/or sales and/or marketing experience
- 3 or more years of training, sales and/or marketing experience within pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, or medical device industries. Clinic or hospital sales experience in oncology
- 3 or more years working closely with sales, marketing, compliance, healthcare company or related industry experience
- Experience defining training goals and objectives with key internal clients, establishing, communicating and managing teams to timelines and financial targets
- Experience working with sales teams, regulatory, legal, compliance; vendor management as the client or functional unit lead
- Demonstrated self-starter, ability to work under limited supervision and coordinate multiple projects at a detailed level
- Understanding of the oncology clinical environment
- Ability to rapidly learn new information
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong communication skills, including coaching and selling
- Understanding of oncology access & reimbursement environment
- Ability to travel approximately 40%
Amgen provides a collaborative and creative culture in a company with a strong track record of innovation. Our culture encourages open dialogue and diverse views to land on the best solutions, and we help ensure our staff are equipped to excel today and tomorrow.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.Join Us
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..