District:B1H000 - Philadelphia, PA (Blue Team)
Covering: Philadelphia, Lancaster, Allentown, Southampton, Phoenixville, Bryn Mawr, Reading, and Wilmington, DE
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within our US Commercial Operations (USCO), we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this District Sales Manager opportunity.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Amgen business units including District Sales Managers, Regional Sales Directors and Corporate Account Managers.
- Develop business plans for their geography and implement national sales strategies and programs.
- Track the progress of marketing messages and programs.
- Provide feedback to district teams on the marketing, allocating, monitoring, and leveraging of internal and external resources (e.g., discretionary spend).
- Manage district teams to maximize their performance and help achieve/exceed sales and budget targets.
- Screen, interview, and hire candidates.
- Ensure compliance with training.
- Demonstrate the appropriate coaching and counseling to prepare individuals for future development.
- Conduct annual and on-going performance reviews and competency assessments.
- Communicate and coordinate with both district and cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Finance, and other Business Units) Share best practices with direct reports and peers.
- Coordinate and/or participate in cluster teams.
- Conduct district sales meetings to guide districts.
- Develop local Opinion Leader relationships to achieve aligned objectives
Doctorate degree & 2 years of Sales/Marketing experience OR
Master's degree & 6 years of Sales/Marketing experience OR
Bachelor's degree or & 8 years of Sales/Marketing experience AND
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.
- 3+ years of specialty sales experience (Primary Care/OBGYN/endocrinology and osteoporosis marketplace), Experience in biologics, Buy and bill model experience
- Ability to consistently and objectively recognize and promote success behaviors, as well as diagnose and change unsatisfactory behaviors through effective coaching
- Ability to leverage market & customer knowledge to strategically target messages, resources, and activities within the territory
- Demonstrates knowledge of local payor coverage; ability to understand and articulate clinical concepts, data, and conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to utilize clinical information to effectively address customer questions and objections
- Ability to recruit candidates that meet the minimum job criteria; interviews and hires sales representatives that are capable and committed to fulfilling the job requirements
- Strong sense of responsibility and demonstrated self-discipline
- Setting appropriate short term and long term objectives
- Demonstrated success in communicating & collaborating with sales staff, peers, and business unit counterparts in an effective and timely manner
A Fortune 150 company operating in nearly 100 countries around the world, we invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
That's why, as a member of our USBO team, we provide you with valuable opportunities to broaden your experience and maximize your potential. Working across six therapeutic areas, we're driving breakthrough medicines with our power to invigorate and innovate, and we have made a deep investment in biosimilars, all while maintaining an active licensing and acquisition effort that provides access to additional opportunities across the globe. We ensure the ability to actively collaborate with governments, world-class physicians and hospitals. We believe in rewarding those who do rewarding work and are committed to providing careers that can help turn the tide of serious, life-interrupting illnesses.Join Us
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..