Project Manager- Kansas
- Expired: November 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Ames Construction, we've built America for 60 years, and the exceptional people who make up our team are a vital factor in our success. We are a full-service, heavy civil and industrial general contractor that brings innovative solutions to many market segments, from highway and bridge construction to mining, renewables, and rail. Ames is a family-owned company that retains its entrepreneurial spirit and foundational values of honesty, integrity, perseverance and opportunity, while offering the experience and stability of a proven construction industry leader. Together, we make communities across the U.S. safer, keep supply chains moving, and lay the groundwork for a sustainable future. By joining Ames, you will be working with talented colleagues at an award-winning, nationally recognized top 75 general contractor.
This position will require frequent travel around Hays/Stockton/Glen Elder, KS.
The Project Manager will lead company construction, engineering and/or performance contracting projects according to contract documents. They are responsible for project safety, quality, budget and schedule performance, including subcontractors and vendors and customer satisfaction. Also, they will coordinate appropriate information flow among key stakeholders to ensure smooth operation of project from start to finish.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects exceeding $50million (or multiple smaller projects) while leading team activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, with quality workmanship.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, financial objectives, budget and staffing for each phase of project, and procedures for accomplishing work, and allotment of available resources during various phases of the project.
- Coordinate project design development, obtaining governmental approvals and administering subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Manage and coordinate and quality effort for the project, utilizing safety and QC resources appropriately.
- Coordinate information and activities among estimating, financial and construction as well as subcontractors, vendors, governmental personnel and project superintendent, ensuring proper communication flow, utilizing project meetings, correspondence, and documentation as necessary.
- Prepare project status reports, including updated cost projections and schedules for project review and input to marketing, estimating, sales, management and customer.
- Identify changes in scope or differing conditions and secure appropriate change orders for project cost and time.
- Effectively conducts fair and reasonable dispute resolution with employees, subcontractors, vendors and clients as needed.
- Develop new client relationships and maintain existing client relationships with the goal of new and repeated profitable business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience leading construction engineering projects including estimating new projects and changing orders.
- Ability to take initiative and perform work independently without being prompted.
- Ability to follow defined policies and procedures and take responsibility for decisions and project issues.
- Detail-oriented, strong problem solving and analytical skills in evaluating situations.
- Self-starter that takes ownership and accountability.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Project, and scheduling software.
- Valid Driver's License
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
ConstructionView all jobs at Ames Construction
Get fresh Built Construction jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.