- Posted: 16 days ago
At Ames Construction, we’ve built America for 60 years, and the exceptional people who make up our team are vital to our success. We are a full-service, heavy civil and general industrial contractor that brings innovative solutions to many market segments, from highway and bridge construction to mining, renewables, and rail. Ames is a family-owned company that retains its entrepreneurial spirit and foundational values of honesty, integrity, perseverance, and opportunity while offering the experience and stability of a proven construction industry leader. Together, we make communities across the U.S. safer, keep supply chains moving, and lay the groundwork for a sustainable future. By joining Ames, you will work with talented colleagues at an award-winning, nationally recognized top 75 general contractors.
Ames is looking for a Graphic Designer to join the Corporate Marketing and Communications Team in our Burnsville, Minnesota, office. The ideal candidate must have solid design skills, expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, production oriented and creative mindset. A successful candidate will be professional, self-starter, and a good communicator with our team and the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with marketing and communications department to conceptualize new and revise existing print and multi-media materials while maintaining all deadlines.
- Creates original artwork incorporating design, photography, illustration, and text in draft form for approval. Interprets general and specific ideas of customer into artwork.
- Showcase a high level of creativity, good judgment, and problem-solving skills, within fast timelines.
- Creates original artwork incorporating design, photography, illustration, and text in draft form for approval.
- Ability to take initiative, work with a sense of urgency and set priorities.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Ability to manage workload priorities while working on multiple projects.
- Works with production vendors to ensure in-hand deadlines are met.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar.
- 5+ years Graphic Design experience, including concept development.
- Expert level skill with Adobe Creative Suite, experience with Microsoft Office, Final Cut a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and get along with others.
- Experience in the construction industry and developments of proposals is a plus.
- Location – This position is on-location at the corporate office in Burnsville, MN.
- Travel – Occasional travel to local projects or events.
- Office Environment – Extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Ames Construction
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?