- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Amerlux, a manufacturer and distributor of high end light for retail, restaurant, commercial and supermarkets, is seeks a Production Planner to join our team in Oakland, New Jersey.
The primary responsibility of the Production Planner is to make sure that each day's scheduled run of items occurs without incident. As a successful Production Planner, you will be responsible for all material flow to their specific production lines, work order creation and material transactions that support this flow. This position will report to the Director of Production Planning and assist in ensuring a smooth production operation to meet lead time commitments, keeping orders shipped up to date and notifying the Purchasing team of any physical variances in inventory. The Production Planner needs to be detail orientated and follow up on planned schedules, revised schedules and resolve any problems quickly and appropriately under the guidance of the Senior Production Planner.
Job Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures that assigned production lines have all necessary materials to begin assembly prior to the start of the shift.
• Trains and mentors material handlers/pickers for planner’s specific product. Held accountable for all picks done by their staff, and responsible for doing periodic checks to ensure accuracy of material brought to the lines.
• Create work orders for any FAB or paint required based on forecast and historical demand respective to their products, accountable for ensuring that theses work orders are handled correctly and closed appropriately to maximize inventory accuracy.
• Advises Material Handlers of components needed by pulling information from BOM’s, pick sheets, and engineering drawings.
• Assists the Director of Production Planner with the scheduling of workflow orders for their respective area, ensuring the master schedule is followed and lead times are met.
• Collaborates with Purchasing to ensure timely material availability, and anticipate delays.
• Reports any physical variance in inventory to Purchasing and Director Production Planner and expedites issues that delay schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Works with Material Handlers to ensure no production stoppages occur due to components shortage and report any stoppages that occur on the production floor that cause a deviation from the master schedule to Management.
• Develop and lead continuous improvement projects in an effort to improve lead times, quality and delivery, etc.
• Ensures Production and Material Handlers are keeping the production floor clean at all times, that their area is free of unneeded tools and parts at the end of the shift, and any excess inventory is properly returned.
• Meets safety and quality expectations while adhering to all OSHA and Amerlux requirements.
• Other duties as deemed appropriate by Management and the Company.
Skills and Experiences Include:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a Warehouse and/or Manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to read and comprehend English to understand work instructions and drawings; bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
• Must demonstrate excellent communication skills with various departments and levels of Management.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• Proficient in Oracle and thorough understanding of MRP / ERP Systems.
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
• Ability to multitask and manage changing business conditions is essential.
• Working experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma environments.
Amerlux offers a competitve compensation and generous benefits package that includes medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, a 401k with generous matching contribution, life and short term disability benefits.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?