Trailer Mechanic/Technician-Up to $1,500 Sign on Bonus
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Amerit Fleet Solutions, one of the leading fleet maintenance companies in the US, is looking to hire a skilled Trailer Mechanic/Technician in Rialto, CA. The Trailer Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the timely repair and maintenance of heavy duty fleet vehicles.
Up to $1,500 Sign on Bonus
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Pay - Paid weekly, every Friday!
Shift: M-F 2:30-11pm
What’s in it for you? Full-Benefits within 30 days! Benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time, 401K, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, ASE certification program, growth opportunities, and more!
The Trailer Mechanic/Technician is responsible for timely repair and maintenance of heavy-duty Class 7 - 8 trailers to ensure a safe and efficient operation. The Trailer Mechanic/Technician position requires high level of proficiency and working knowledge related to repairs and diagnostics of trailers, dollies, and switchers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to heavy-duty Class 7 - 8 trailers, dollies, and switchers.
- Perform services to anti-lock brakes, wheel end components, electrical, brakes body, minor body work, and roll-up doors.
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicles
- Interact with clients through both email and phone as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
Key Competencies & Education
- At least 1-3 years of experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- ASE Certifications – preferred
- Must have valid Driver’s License- Class C
- Commercial Driver’s License class “A” or “B “preferred
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
- Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases, or other irritants
- Ability to move and position heavy objects
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to repair vehicles
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
Amerit Fleet SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Amerit Fleet Solutions has been servicing the maintenance and management needs of some of the largest, most complex fleets in North America.
About Amerit Fleet Solutions - www.ameritfleetsolutions.com