Diesel Technician Mechanic
Amerit Fleet Solutions Louisville, KY
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Diesel Technician position requires high level of proficiency and working knowledge related to heavy duty Diesel Engine Diagnosis, repairs, as well as for Forklift and Pallet Jack repairs. Comprehension of Fleet Maintenance operations, understanding of electrical, hydraulics, PM and DOT inspection experience and knowledge.
Shift: M-F 7a - 3:30p
Why Should you Apply to Amerit Fleet Solutions? We Offer Competitive Pay & Full Benefits within 30 Days! Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Free Life Insurance, Disability, Paid Vacation & Holidays!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete diagnostics and repairs to any mechanical, electrical, or other breakdown to motor truck or related equipment.
- Perform overhauls to engines, transmissions, differentials, and repair engine accessory components.
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to light to medium duty vehicles
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicles
- Interact with clients through both email and phone as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
Key Competencies & Education
- At least 4 years' experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- ASE Certifications
- Commercial Driver’s License class required, will give time to obtain
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
- Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases, or other irritants
- Ability to move and position heavy objects
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to repair vehicles
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
Amerit Fleet SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Amerit Fleet Solutions has been servicing the maintenance and management needs of some of the largest, most complex fleets in North America.
About Amerit Fleet Solutions - www.ameritfleetsolutions.com
4711 Robards Ln LouisvilleLouisville, KY